Joystick + Keyboard for Control?

Thespacer

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to enable the keyboard control of the spacecraft while having the joystick enabled for Project Apollo? I only have a two-axis joystick, and I cannot control yaw unless it is through the keyboard. Same goes for +/- X translation.

Alternatively, any tips on how to get a HOTAS Warthog enabled for yaw control?

Thanks for the great work on the sim.

Tony

thammond

Reaction score
Hi Tony,

I also have a HOTAS Warthog. Do you have rudder pedals?

I'm still in the process of getting everything setup correctly, but I used TARGET GUI software to get my rudder pedals to control the yaw. If you don't have pedals, you could probably use the grey lever on the HOTAS as the yaw control axis. I assigned my rudder pedals to the "DX_ZROT_AXIS" in the TARGET GUI software, which worked for me.

If you need any more help with it let me know.

Thespacer

Reaction score
Many thanks, Thammond.

I do not have rudder pedals.

I also have tried the target software in the past but I struggle to use it, and it has in fact it has caused some driver issues too, so I avoid it.

Tony

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, that's probably not working right now. I think there is a way to use the throttle lever of a 2-axis joystick for yaw, but that option is not accessible from the NASSP settings (yet). It shouldn't be too much effort to improve the 2-axis joystick support, I'll see what I can do.

Thespacer

Reaction score
Thanks Indy. Again, if it’s just as ‘easy’ to enable simultaneous keyboard control, I’m happy to use that for the yaw.

Tony

thammond

Reaction score
Hmm, that's probably not working right now. I think there is a way to use the throttle lever of a 2-axis joystick for yaw, but that option is not accessible from the NASSP settings (yet). It shouldn't be too much effort to improve the 2-axis joystick support, I'll see what I can do.

Indy, if you are going to improve the joystick support in the NASSP settings, I would request that you also include support for rudder pedals if possible.

I ran into some issues with my joystick software after a windows update, had to update the joystick software and firmware, and now can't get the joystick reconfigured properly for NASSP.