Question Is there a mfd to display jpg?

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
I am looking for something that will let me show a jpg or bmp of a map with a little more detail then what is currently in the stock orbiter map. I want to show state lines, border lines. etc etc. I have another post on the same matter but maybe I am going about it all wrong and have to do it a different way as I can't seem to find a easy way to do it. Nor can my developers.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Map MFD can display BMP files.

Orbiter.PDF page 79 said:
If required, the Map MFD mode can be reverted to the 2006 legacy version by adding the line “MFDMapVersion = 0” to the Orbiter.cfg configuration file in the main Orbiter folder.

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
Your post inspired me, so actually I'm working on this right now. This is what I have so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7wMfW4TrK6CdEl4Z1NoTDdYTDA/edit?usp=sharing

Hey hey hey....THATS PRETTY COOL. Ya its something I have wanted for a while. The ability to show borders and such. It seems that this way might be the only way to do it as the mapmfd uses a vector image rather then a normal image. I was really hoping to use the vector style that 2010 map mfd has as I do like it but if this is the only way to get it then the JPG/BMP way is the only way to go.

But (loru) when switching back to 2006 do you lose the accuracy at all?

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Hey hey hey....THATS PRETTY COOL. Ya its something I have wanted for a while...
See what I mean? Somebody answered your call!
:cheers:

...But (loru) when switching back to 2006 do you lose the accuracy at all?
You get different buttons layout and some (obviously) different graphics, like no terminator.

Mode 0 only has 2 zoom levels, where Mode 1 has many more (8 levels = 128x magnification).
If that's what you mean by "accuracy", then you lose some.

ZVTfc3H.png
2W3DR0P.png

Last edited:

TMHLIVE

Sci-Fi Test Pilot
Reaction score
See what I mean? Somebody answered your call!
:cheers:

You get different buttons layout and some (obviously) different graphics, like no terminator.

Mode 0 only has 2 zoom levels, where Mode 1 has many more (8 levels = 128x magnification).
If that's what you mean by "accuracy", then you lose some.

ZVTfc3H.png
2W3DR0P.png

ya thats exactly what I mean. The new layout is what I am looking for just with more details like borders etc etc.

I love the new layout. I can make a bmp for the old layout that is easy. I just found it and I know photoshop well. But when I switched over to 2006 I was like WHAT HAPPENED. I love the whole zoom and how the new one works I just wanted more detail when flying around planet side.