OHM International Space Station v.3.2

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
ah, never mind then, perhaps ill just wait for thornton to make some more of his magical meshes :D

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Er, He uses my meshes.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
arkward...

so if he uses your meshes anyway, does he just code them into his Russian section to make them as advanced as they are?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What do you mean by advanced ?

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
they're pretty well coded i thought, i cant even think HOW he coded them to do some of what they do

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

i just cane up with a neat way to make the ISS contruction more immersive: check this out:

an external process (possibly coded into the kmlWriter) will record data when the scenario is closed, so long as specific conditions are met (for example, to advance the record from flight 5 to 6 (after the Zvezda is docked), recording the outcome of mission 5, you must have docked the Zvezda to the Zarya at the correct port, and for other missions, the Block I stage must be de-orbited or destroyed.

this records data like the amount of fuel in the station (which will take into account the extended fuel tank once Zvezda is docked), waste, water and gas etc, so you will always have to monitor the station's resources, and alter the payloads of your Progress' if necessary

the data is saved to a CFG or another easily editable file, recording the values, so when the next mission is launched, the station can read how much propellant, water, gas and waste it should have by the time the scenario has launched (because if you save mission 34 (Progress- M- 47) immediatley after docking, the station will have existed for about another 81 sim-days by the time mission 35 starts (Soyuz TMA-2). so it calculates how much the resources will have changed over 81 days and adds the difference

this means that if you accidentally mess up a progress launch, and have to use the fuel that was bound for the station to get there, you may have to add more fuel to the next progress launch to compensate for your error

also, UMMU support for the Soyuz so you can manage the crew aboard the ISS would add another level of thought to the simulation

its only suggestions, when you get round to working on this again i think you should better be armed with some ideas ;)

good luck Thornton!

diogom

Reaction score
:cheers:
Ok, I got a problem with the Progress. At least it only happened with a Progress so far. In some scenarios I made myself with it, and the Pirs launch scenario, at separation from the rocket, the orbit MFD has the Sun set as reference, not the Earth. Also, only the Earth exists in the target select menu. That can be changed and pretend it never happened. The worse is, everytime that happens, if I use time acceleration, the craft will, eventualy, suddenly get into a Sun orbit spinning wildly.
Another thing that happens in these scenarios, the orbital path of the spacecraft doesn't show up on MapMFD.

Here's what it looks:

picture.php

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
pressing AR on the orbit MFD should reset the reference back to Earth, since it looks like Earth is what you're orbiting (based on your distance from the sun (~ 1AU) and the fact that the suns G on the MFD (at the bottom) is 0)

dont worry, youre still orbiting Earth.

as for the spinning, if you are in sun-track mode when you go to 1000x time accel, you'll likely start an uncontrollable spin (and waste fuel) because each RCS impulse will last 1000 times longer than it would normally have, then it tries to correct itself, only to find that its now going the other way, by the time you go back to 1x time accel, youve already gained loads of angular momentum

diogom

Reaction score
Yes, it happens after separation from the rocket. The problem is, it doesn't just spin, it sends me into a solar orbit, in the middle of nowhere, away from the Earth.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
can you post a screenie of this with the orbit MFD reference set to Earth?

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
un, youre in an almost perfect orbit around Earth, the priblem was OrbitMFD selecting the wrong reference. you should have no problems continuing with your mission from there

diogom

Reaction score
Well, the perfect orbit I knew ;) Its just that, I can't continue the mission. Either I spend days with it in 1x, or it eventualy goes into the crazy spinning and solar orbit. This happens either I start the rendezvous or leave the orbit as-is.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
hm, im not sure in that case, perhaps its a bug with your Orbiter install?

diogom

Reaction score
Still happens in a clean install :shrug:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, the perfect orbit I knew Its just that, I can't continue the mission. Either I spend days with it in 1x, or it eventualy goes into the crazy spinning and solar orbit. This happens either I start the rendezvous or leave the orbit as-is.

Have you tried deleting the launchpad & discarded rocket stages / debris from the .scn files ? Sometimes they cause crashes in some way.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I saw this once with the DGIV, where it kept wanting to spin, even after a killrot, it would then start to spin again in LEO for no apparent reason. I figured it was an issue of trying to use Attitude MFD with UMMUs and the ExtMFD lock feature that does not work so well in that situation, and it just messed things up royally. But you say it is happening on a fresh install which means you have a different cause.

Does it still happen even after going into the in sim scenario editor and killing angular momentum?

diogom

Reaction score
I saw this once with the DGIV, where it kept wanting to spin, even after a killrot, it would then start to spin again in LEO for no apparent reason. I figured it was an issue of trying to use Attitude MFD with UMMUs and the ExtMFD lock feature that does not work so well in that situation, and it just messed things up royally. But you say it is happening on a fresh install which means you have a different cause.

Does it still happen even after going into the in sim scenario editor and killing angular momentum?

Yes, killing the angular momentum stops it. But the problem isn't rotating in orbit, its having the Progress in pieces somewhere in space (image below), which doesn't happen in all scenarios.

picture.php

Siberier

Reaction score
Somebody know how make or engage control descent in Soyuz TM? Every time when i make reentry G force rise up to 7-9 G. But according manual it could be 3-4 G. More then this G force could be only in ballistic trajectory. But i didn't engage it.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There is an "ALLOW_BALLISTIC" line in the TMA scenario file. Delete it, and it should be ok.

If the problem persists, maybe your reentry angle is too sharp. From 350 kilometers of altitude, at roughly 18.000 kilometers from the landing point, you should aim at a Periapsis of 40 km.