Problem IMFD AB button not working in Arrow

drgullen

Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.

I'm having an issue with IMFD 5.5 and the Arrow freighter. Everything seems to work except the autoburn button. If you look at the attached screenshot, I've setup a plan to go from Mars to Earth, but clicking the AB button does nothing.

If I click the BV button in the Orbit-Eject program, I do get a burn vector, with the TtB counting down and a valid BT value, but on this screen as well, the AB button does nothing.

I can do the same plan in any other ship and it works fine. So, there's something about the Arrow that IMFD doesn't like, although I have seen other people on here using it, so it must be something specific about my setup.

I'm on Windows 10 which is the only thing I can think of that might be coming into play here, although I'd expect none of the ships to work if it was OS related. Other than that, I have no idea why it doesn't work, so am hoping somebody here does. :)

mars2earth.jpg

turtle91

Reaction score
The setup showed on the picture should work.
That's exactly the way I am using IMFD+Arrow when doing Mars trips.

What I can see in your screenshot is, that TEJ is about +440 seconds away (in the future).
As far as I remember, the attitude-adjustement for the planned burn kicks in when TEJ is about <120 seconds before the burn. So...maybe hit AB and wait until <120 seconds.
At <120 seconds the attitude adjustement should move to the Arrow to correct attitude...but not before...you would just see the countown to burn within the autoburn-page of IMFD.

drgullen

Reaction score
Well, what should happen is that I can click the AB button and I should then get a "(Waiting T-440)" message which will countdown until as you say about 120 when IMFD orients the vessel for the burn.

I get none of that, even if I wait until it's less than T-120 or even if I wait until TtB is zero, clicking the AB button does nothing.

Turtle, you say it works for you -- what Windows version are you using?

turtle91

Reaction score
So, you are not even get the i.e. "(Waiting T-440)" message ?
That's strange, never happened to me before.
I have tested this in Windows XP(...yes still alive on my system), Windows 7 on my notebook and Linux using Wine.
I don't have a Windows 10 box. But I cannot imagine, why this should be OS related.
Esp. the fact, that IMFD works on all other vessels you have tested.
Have you tested IMFD with DGIV ? I guess it has been compiled uisng the same devel environment like the Arrow by Dan. (same libs/DLLS,OS etc)

But you have fuel on board, right ? :yes:

drgullen

Reaction score
Nope, I don't get the countdown message. It's as if that AB button has its wires disconnected on the panel. She do nutting.

I haven't tried it on the DGIV because I prefer the XR vessels and IMFD works fine with those but I suppose I could try it.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Okay, I figured it out. The Arrow has 4 MFDs in it, MFD1 and MFD2 on your left and two more MFDs to your right where all the system console buttons are. I was using the ones on the right, which in IMFD get shared as ID-2 and ID-3. I just tried it again but used the MFDs to my left and the AB works as expected.

I guess maybe the AB button is expecting the ID number to be 0 or 1.

So lesson learned -- don't use IMFD on the right-side consoles of the Arrow.

Thanks for your help troubleshooting this with me, turtle! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Glen

turtle91

Reaction score
Good to know, that it is working now.
Yes, this MFD sharing is causing sometimes issues in IMFD.
I..e if you have shared 0 to 1...or 1 to 0 (doesn't matter), and you do an "unshare"...the "unshare" sometimes does not work (mfds are still cross-connected/shared).
A quick "share-again"/"unshare" mostly fixes the issue.

However, have a nice back-trip to earth.