If you were chosen to go to the moon....

Foofoo14

Reaction score
I am bipolar so medication would be on the list, 2nd would be a webcam 3rd my laptop so i could look down on earth as they look up to me. Get it? "looking down on them?"

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I'd bring whatever was needed to get there and get back safely, plus my favorite copy of Gravity's Rainbow and my guitar and amp (space permitting) so I could be the first guy to play guitar on the Moon. :DD

jinglesassy

Reaction score
yeah but no one would hear you playing guitar on the moon even if you set up a stage out of moon rocks and put a speaker next to the guitar

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
i wouldnt think that would hurt too bad.... you would be moving at a fraction of earth speed while weighing only a fraction of your earth weight

Ark

Reaction score
I'd bring whatever was needed to get there and get back safely, plus my favorite copy of Gravity's Rainbow and my guitar and amp (space permitting) so I could be the first guy to play guitar on the Moon. :DD

Oh, totally. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the sudden burst of air pressure created by firing up a Schecter with a Hiwatt amp in a tiny little LEM cabin would blow out the tin-foil walls. :lol:

earthorbit

Desktop Crasher
Reaction score
I would take...
1. Two bottles of Coke. One for Flying, One for drinking.
2. A Camera
3. A Mercedes with O2 aboard. I would be the first guy driving 200 at moon!

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A Mercedes with O2 aboard. I would be the first guy driving 200 at moon!

A Mercedes won't work on the Moon.

Keatah

Reaction score
Surely a car of that sophistication could carry its own O2 with it, at least for a short drive..

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
*Thread moved from Astronomy & Night Sky forum to Off-Topic forum.

adamb193

Lighting Geek
Reaction score
Oh, totally. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the sudden burst of air pressure created by firing up a Schecter with a Hiwatt amp in a tiny little LEM cabin would blow out the tin-foil walls. :lol:

I don't see any reason an electric guitar would not work in space, just pipe it in through your helmet.

Ark

Reaction score
I don't see any reason an electric guitar would not work in space, just pipe it in through your helmet.

Where's the fun in that? I wanna feel the air move and the cabin vibrate. Before, of course, a seal comes loose or something and I get explosive decompression.

Matte

Reaction score
cigs for sure, than a good bottle of Amaro Montenegro, and a picture of me and my friends to leave there

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
A trampoline........:rofl:
fun idea Atuhalpa. I' had thought about that back in the 60's when talk of 1/6th gravity was common, and I was a trampoline instructor at the time. But it would be a special tramp with fairly long rubber bands. It would have to be indoors to not have to wear a restrictive pressure suit. Also it would have to be in a high ceiling area, probably 6 times higher than usual and usual is to have at least 10' above your head as you stand on the tramp, so a 100' room height floor to ceiling should do, with placing the bed of the tramp at about 15' or 20' above the floor. And the bed should be also several times wider than usual, I would want it to measure at least 40' across. Air friction would tend to dampen the bed much moreso than the Earth version due to the volume defined by the bed between depressed and relaxed, so I would recommend a bed made of a net of thin 1 mm strands of kevlar (like a fishing net) with 1 or 2 cm holes for a first try on the design. This would allow the air to breath through the mesh.

The period of bounce would probably be about 7 to 12 seconds depending on the effort of the gymnast. Triple layouts would be a fairly simple trick. Complicated tricks would be 5 or 6 layouts with perhaps as many twists. It would probably be hard at first to bounce and NOT do a flip although it would come with practice. During the time of float, one would have to do catlike contractions between tucks and layouts, including arcing and twisting at the same time to land as intended either on feet or elsewhere. You might start out just initiating a rapid back flip rotation on leaving the bed and decide how many rotations you get during the float with alternating tucking and laying out. Too much fun!

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I' had thought about that back in the 60's when talk of 1/6th gravity was common, and I was a trampoline instructor at the time.
I know just the person to calculate a TransX escape trajectory from it...