How to timewarp without lag

ThatRedMelon

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any
Hello,
I have been playing around with NASSP for a while now but I couldn't figure out how to time warp large increments (x100+) without both the attitude going crazy and getting large amounts of lag, is there something I need to do in order to be able to time warp successfully?
Thanks.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
NASSP is very CPU intensive. There are many fluid and electrical systems who's states are simulated and updated multiple times per timestep, in addition, it also runs emulations of both the CMC and LGC and the LM's AGS computer. For this reason, most people are only able to run NASSP at 50-60x maximum.

Some tips:

Enable "Multithreading in Time Acceleration" (Extra->Vessel Configuration->Project Apollo->Misc.). Should be on by default, but check.
Leave the S/C Cont ->CMC, CMC Mode ->Free to prevent RCS firing for anything over 1x.
PCM Bit rate -> Low

ThatRedMelon

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any
NASSP is very CPU intensive. There are many fluid and electrical systems who's states are simulated and updated multiple times per timestep, in addition, it also runs emulations of both the CMC and LGC and the LM's AGS computer. For this reason, most people are only able to run NASSP at 50-60x maximum.

Some tips:

Enable "Multithreading in Time Acceleration" (Extra->Vessel Configuration->Project Apollo->Misc.). Should be on by default, but check.
Leave the S/C Cont ->CMC, CMC Mode ->Free to prevent RCS firing for anything over 1x.
PCM Bit rate -> Low
Perfect thanks, I'll try that in my next flight!

Marijn

Reaction score
Not sure if it applies to your situation, but I always delete unused vessels from the scenario to improve the time compression expierence.

Wedge313

Reaction score
Could you explain how you delete unused vessels from a scenario? Thanks

Marijn

Reaction score
I just delete unused vessels from the .scn file using a text editor like Notepad. You can also use the Scenario Editor and use the delete button.