Flight Question How to display the trajectory of all aircraft on the map that comes with the orbiter

xjflcf520

Reaction score
There are only two options of focus vessel and Target in the setting options in the map window that comes with the orbiter. Can the track of all the spacecraft in the scene be displayed in real time on the map at the same time?

Attachments

• 1621567831(1).png
    1621567831(1).png
    33.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 屏幕截图(118)_LI.jpg
    屏幕截图(118)_LI.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If the requirement is a windowed map, my MFD won't help you. But the source code is included, so you can try to make a windowed mode yourself. :p

But yes, my MFD allows up to 10 targets, which will then also display the ground tracks for said targets.

Beware that the map track function calculates the orbit of the vessel, so you're basically running a separate spaceflight simulation inside Orbiter. Therefore, for many (> 5) vessels, you will start to see a performance hit. You can try to increase the angle step in the configuration to reduce the number of calculations.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
@asbjos : Does Extended Map MFD not work in External MFD ? Be it D3D9- or Stock ...?
I must confess (shame on me) that I have not ever -yet- installed your Extended Map MFD :eek:

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@asbjos : Does Extended Map MFD not work in External MFD ? Be it D3D9- or Stock ...?

Oh, sorry for the ambiguity. Yes, it does work in external MFD!
I meant the windowed Ctrl+M (I think?) mode, which opens a map, similar to the stock map MFD.

Totally forgot about external MFD ability. If the OP is satisfied with that function, then my Extended Map MFD should work perfectly fine. ?