Flight Question How do you use Attitude MFD to dock with ISS

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi there...I'm trying to dock with the ISS (Port 1) using the XR5 Vanguard...I want to try using Attitude MFD, but not sure what information to input into the MFD and what kind of orientation information to use...I've read the readme file but find it a bit confusing...not sure which of the menus in the MFD to use either....can anyone please help me with a basic step through and tell me exactly what I need to input to get perfect alignment with the docking port....any kind of help would be greatly appreciated...I've used Auto dock in the Delta Glider before, but want to try doing a manual docking....and I've been told Attitude MFD can help...many thanks..Kind regards, Trevor:tiphat:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I don't use attitude MFD to dock, I use it help station-keep prior to docking, for the actual docking I always use Docking MFD.

The Docking MFD will give you a perfect alignment - what issues are you having with it?

Genesis27

Reaction score
so if I was to use it for station keep, what information do I input to align with the ISS port, I also use docking MFD to centre the cross, when close up, but I'm mainly talking about aligning up with the port....I thought the attitude MFD would help

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Docking MFD has three markers to align you. the white cross is your pitch & yaw marker, centre that first.

The red arrow is your roll marker, make sure it's at the top.

Finally, the green cross is the translational marker. Centre that last. You are now in perfect position to thrust forwards and dock.

Attitude MFD can help you station keep by nulling out relative differences in velocity between your craft and the ISS. This can be found on the "Target Relative" page.

Genesis27

Reaction score
thanks for your help as always...I'll give it a go, and see if I can do it manually....maybe I'll just use Attitude MFD to keep me "near" the ISS...

thanks again...Kind regards

Genesis27

Reaction score
By the way, how do I null out velocity in the "target relative" menu on Attitude MFD?...can I set a precise figure, say "2.00" ?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
No. It doesn't bring you to a distance and then stop you. It stops you relative to a target and that target can be 2km or 2million. It doesn't care. Also, it can only bring you to a relative stop to a vessel such as the ISS and NOT a docking port.

Kelpie

Lunar Pilot
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.d.dmaclean.btinternet.co.uk
Use the buttons on the right hand side.

TRA trim all or Lshift + numpad 5
TRV trim vertical or Lshift + numpad 1
TRL trim Lateral or Lshift + numpad 2
TRF trim F/A or Lshift + numpad 3