Request How about Santa Claus?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Since NORAD tracks Santa's flight each year, it's pretty obvious that Santa's sleigh is a real vehicle, capable of high altitude, high speed flight.

So I searched for Santa on Orbit Hangar and no luck. Surely somebody out there has a Santa sleigh and reindeer mesh, perhaps with animated reindeer legs? If not, someone with talent and lots of spare time might want to consider it. Maybe even a payload of toys, which can be distributed around the globe in 24 hours if the sleigh launches into a polar orbit (which, of course, is the only possible orbit when launched from the North Pole!)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Neah... I prefer him visiting each house individually. With all the lightning speed that entails.

wehaveaproblem

One step closer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com
I did give this a go, but getting enough ISP out of a reindeer is a real trouble!

Rudolf performed well, but Prancer, Dancer and Blitzen just couldn't find the delta-v...

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Have you noticed how similar Santa and Satan are?
The both are in red, they live under extreme climate and they both have minions serving them...

Star explorer

Reaction score
ya really ar81 why would post that?
besides they have one major diference Satan steals souls, Santa gives gifts

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Since NORAD tracks Santa's flight each year, it's pretty obvious that Santa's sleigh is a real vehicle, capable of high altitude, high speed flight.

So I searched for Santa on Orbit Hangar and no luck. Surely somebody out there has a Santa sleigh and reindeer mesh, perhaps with animated reindeer legs? If not, someone with talent and lots of spare time might want to consider it. Maybe even a payload of toys, which can be distributed around the globe in 24 hours if the sleigh launches into a polar orbit (which, of course, is the only possible orbit when launched from the North Pole!)
I was working on something like this 2 years ago. I only had the Santa/sleigh made and I lost the file. :p

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Have you noticed how similar Santa and Satan are?
The both are in red, they live under extreme climate and they both have minions serving them...
Okay, okay, okay, hold it!!!! Why would you want to say that?!! It's like saying "Go jump into the sun!"!!!!

Can I get presents from Satan too?
Obviously not! He's pure evil!!!

And the purpose of this post is...?
No idea...

ya really ar81 why would post that?
besides they have one major diference Satan steals souls, Santa gives gifts
Damn strait!!!

YEAH!!! 200 POSTS!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: (And PLEASE don't shot me down!!!!)

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Star explorer, you fail to realise that the souls that Satan steals are given to Santa, who uses his own evil minions (never did like the pointy-eared fools) turn into what we belive are toys, and are distributed around the globe.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:rofl:

Anyways, because of the add-on... After the halloween expierience I still have the hope that the XR2 might turn into a sled at christmass eve... or at least that you have Santa riding shotgun. :p

andysim

Reaction score
Does santa deliver to the ISS? Just a though of santa in an EVA suit gives me giggles.

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
I once watched a movie where Santa was an evil guy, but he was doing good things because he lost a bet with an angel for 1000 years. That movie was about the 1000 years past and Santa was back to "work"... finally losing the bet again.

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Is the motive force from the sleigh or the reindeer? (Or both perhaps? If he's going supra-orbital the reindeer may be there to pull him down.)

andysim

Reaction score
Maybe the presents when up on sts-126 :rofl: I hope they get something on christmas morning.