Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've been using the place as a staging ground and alot of that extra material belongs to me ... The chests are public so obviously everyone is welcome to them, if they are in a bind. Just don't leave me with nothing. ;)

I'll put up a sign saying this when I can. Oh... Don't touch any of my sand or glass!:thumbup:

Sounds good. Mind if I use some redstone?

Gerdih

Reaction score
Mindblast, I dont know if your Mob Farm is spider proof. But I think you should know that they are a problem, since they dont die with falling sometimes. The falling tube of your farm was filled with them today!

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Gerdih, when are you going to finish that forum-thing? :p

EDIT: Also, if anyone has any spare iron around and would like to donate it to the cause of building a domed stadium above the university at Sky City, please let me know. I've estimated that at my current rate of gathering, it'll take me ~20 days to complete enough iron blocks (I need about 32 stacks) to finish the project. This is, needless to say, quite a few and any help would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Mindblast, I dont know if your Mob Farm is spider proof. But I think you should know that they are a problem, since they dont die with falling sometimes. The falling tube of your farm was filled with them today!

Oh ok.. i'll have to build some mechanism to kill them.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Gerdih, when are you going to finish that forum-thing? :p

EDIT: Also, if anyone has any spare iron around and would like to donate it to the cause of building a domed stadium above the university at Sky City, please let me know. I've estimated that at my current rate of gathering, it'll take me ~20 days to complete enough iron blocks (I need about 32 stacks) to finish the project. This is, needless to say, quite a few and any help would be appreciated. :)

and about twice that amount for the domes of the parliament :lol:

Gerdih

Reaction score
That demand is too damn high!!

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Oh ok.. i'll have to build some mechanism to kill them.

As you like, I recomend you to check Monkeyfarms's videos. He is good on doing efficient mob spawners

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Indeed! In fact, I've found that over the course of about 5 hours of working the iron farm, I can generate about 1.5 stacks of iron blocks (maybe a bit more). Of course, when one layer of your dome requires 5-6 stacks to complete, it is slow going. :p

Gerdih

Reaction score
Remember that you guys can check the cells to improve output if there is a problem with golems. This week I have found 3 of them walking inside of the cell 3, the one that seems more finished. It makes me think about not finishing the other cells since it seems it would give more problems than the few other cells have right now.

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

As you like, I recomend you to check Monkeyfarms's videos. He is good on doing efficient mob spawners

Yep i've seen his videos.. he used passive spawners that rely on the mobs moving around so they fall down from level to level. Unfortunately that doesn't work that well anymore because the mobs now tend to freeze a few seconds after spawning when the player is a bit further away. So i decided to take the cyclic flushing approach in my spawner. However i can't really use halfslabs to prevent spider spawning there like Monkeyfarm is doing in his designs. They would disturb the water flow. So i have to live with the spiderspawning and kill them some other way. I already have an idea though...

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
well if the SkyCity can absorb so much iron that the supply demand scale get nearer where it was originally without the IronFarm, that might be a good thing :lol:

Gerdih

Reaction score
Yep i've seen his videos.. he used passive spawners that rely on the mobs moving around so they fall down from level to level. Unfortunately that doesn't work that well anymore because the mobs now tend to freeze a few seconds after spawning when the player is a bit further away. So i decided to take the cyclic flushing approach in my spawner. However i can't really use halfslabs to prevent spider spawning there like Monkeyfarm is doing in his designs. They would disturb the water flow. So i have to live with the spiderspawning and kill them some other way. I already have an idea though...

As far as I know he solves the spider problem with slabs and he is still able to move mobs with the water system. :shifty:

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

well if the SkyCity can absorb so much iron that the supply demand scale get nearer where it was originally without the IronFarm, that might be a good thing :lol:

Remember the main purpose of IF was to satisfy iron demand from skicity :)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
As far as I know he solves the spider problem with slabs and he is still able to move mobs with the water system. :shifty:
Water can move mobs standing on slabs without problems, if that's the issue. :shrug:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Remember that you guys can check the cells to improve output if there is a problem with golems. This week I have found 3 of them walking inside of the cell 3, the one that seems more finished. It makes me think about not finishing the other cells since it seems it would give more problems than the few other cells have right now.

You should totally finish them. I need more iron! :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I will be replacing the old world with the super-survival world sometime this week. If you'd like to tour the old world without needing to download the map, do so within the next couple of days.

---------- Post added 05-01-13 at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was 04-30-13 at 17:55 ----------

SS world is open.

Pablo49

Reaction score
It's a whole new wooorld! (Don't you dare close your eyes)

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de

Oh i see.. he covers the whole spawning floor with pressure plates to make the water flow correctly. I guess it will be easier for me to just kill the spiders that climb down the drop shaft though.