Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Can you add a friendof mine from High School? vhogan713
Added.

HOWEVER, and I'd like input from other people on this--I'm strongly considering scaling back who I allow to join the server. Currently there's more than 50 approved people, and many of them have only tenuous (at best) ties to Orbiter-Forum.

I'm thinking--restrict new users to only those people who have and have used (that is, they can't just sign up for O-F to join the server, they need to have posted about Orbiter at some point) Orbiter-Forum accounts. The server isn't getting overloaded, technology-wise, it's just that I think a lot of people feel that things are getting crowded. Hopefully by restricting new users to only those who have a bona fide interest in Orbiter, we'll be able to ensure that existing users (and "good" new users) will be more able to build what they want without running into issues from other people.

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I agree with the proposed restriction.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm thinking--restrict new users to only those people who have and have used (that is, they can't just sign up for O-F to join the server, they need to have posted about Orbiter at some point) Orbiter-Forum accounts. The server isn't getting overloaded, technology-wise, it's just that I think a lot of people feel that things are getting crowded. Hopefully by restricting new users to only those who have a bona fide interest in Orbiter, we'll be able to ensure that existing users (and "good" new users) will be more able to build what they want without running into issues from other people.

What do you guys think? Good idea, bad idea?

Good idea.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Go for it. It is after all a server for Orbiter Forum server. I enjoy playing with people I've seen around more than random people (though I've met a few who are pretty great here.) :)

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
I agree with Hielor's proposal. Also, I will once again be taking up a residence on the server. I haven't been active very much since the first server map was abandoned, but after fireballs619's tour I saw how extensive and impressive it is. I'm not sure where I'll set up shop yet, but you'll find me somewhere.

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
After a long sea expedition to the south, we now have a natural underwater cave with breathable spaces (I opened one up a little to make entry and exit easier) and a second Mooshroom Island. :)

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
@ Heilor- I was checking out my old cave entrance and discovered a HUGE underground building which I've heard was yours. I hadnt been in the area for a long time so it was a surprise to me! anyways, I was going to pack up my boxes there, if you want to use the tunnel, seal it up better or just know it's there, you can find the entrance just south of the sheep ranch across the tracks.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
p.s. there is currently only one layer of blocks sealing off the mine shaft

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I also agree with the limiting proposal, I'm not part of any other minecraft multiplayer servers and the main reason I bought the game was because I saw you guys building stuff and posting about it, figured it was really cool that the O-F community was ACTUALLY building a virtual community! glad to share the space with folks I've been sharing ideas with and learning from for years on O-F

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
@ Heilor- I was checking out my old cave entrance and discovered a HUGE underground building which I've heard was yours. I hadnt been in the area for a long time so it was a surprise to me! anyways, I was going to pack up my boxes there, if you want to use the tunnel, seal it up better or just know it's there, you can find the entrance just south of the sheep ranch across the tracks.
interesting, I'll take a look.

I think you're referring to the mob spawning floor I'd started--I've decided to move my mob spawning room to the north side of the peninsula (near the swamp) in order to include a dungeon spawner in the area. I'll restore the caves I'd plowed through in my construction, if you'd like to keep using them...

Gerdih

Reaction score
Some of my buildings :)

Attachments

• Dibujo1.jpg
    Dibujo1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Dibujo.jpg
    Dibujo.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Dibujo3.jpg
    Dibujo3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Dibujo4.jpg
    Dibujo4.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 30

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Found where you were referring to. I've restored your cave to (just about) the way it was, feel free to continue using it.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Today Woo helped me rig up a lot of the redstone wiring for the maze, effectively completing it. There is now a lever that controls access to the maze from the upper observation deck, and there is a rather complicated trap set up as well. It's pretty awesome and I couldn't have pulled it off without him. Thanks, Woo! :cheers:

EDIT: Here are two screenshots of the anteroom you pass through before entering the labyrinth proper.

Maze rules:
20120121220510.png

The maze entrance. These are the doors that Woo wired up for me.
20120121220527.png

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
oh ok! thanks! sure! I'll keep using it then. i knew you had some kind of special admin powers but i didn't know they were so extensive! :tiphat:

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Some of my buildings :)

Gerdih, where are these buildings?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
oh ok! thanks! sure! I'll keep using it then. i knew you had some kind of special admin powers but i didn't know they were so extensive! :tiphat:
Those weren't admin powers, it was just me figuring out where you had been and blocking off my stuff with cobble while allowing your original (or close to it) tunnel to pass through.

I also ran into Alfa's mine with it too (sorry about that, again), so that was just not a good place for it. Didn't realize you guys were so close to me!
Gerdih, where are these buildings?
Those aren't on the server, so those pictures probably should've gone to the general "minecraft screenshots" thread. Oh well :)