Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very cool. And this is just the area that has been explored thus far, correct?

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
This map has a cave system view. Not that you can see anything on it very easily. One could, however, if they were so inclined, find the stongholds on the map. since we are abandoning this world, this isn't a problem though.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This map has a cave system view. Not that you can see anything on it very easily. One could, however, if they were so inclined, find the stongholds on the map. since we are abandoning this world, this isn't a problem though.

Yeah, I think I'll be turning off cave view for the new world. That said, this cave view isn't really all that useful for finding things...

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Its more hollow space view. on another note its almost impossible at the resolution of the cave map to distinguish between stronghold and abandoned mineshaft. Never the less, I have identifyed 2 potential locations for strongholds, and will be setting out some point this evening to see if I am correct. Unless anyone has any objections that is.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Stupid me updated my only remaining copy of 1.8.1 a couple nights ago so I can't get back on yet. All I have left are a few folders that still have 1.7.3. :beathead:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Its more hollow space view. on another note its almost impossible at the resolution of the cave map to distinguish between stronghold and abandoned mineshaft. Never the less, I have identifyed 2 potential locations for strongholds, and will be setting out some point this evening to see if I am correct. Unless anyone has any objections that is.

Go for it--if nothing else, it'll prove that I need to turn off cave view in the new world :p

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Just let me finish playing Deep Space turtle chase, then I'll get a fresh 1.8.1 out. BTW: MCNostalgia is your friend!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Right.

Neither of my two guesses were correct. both were just abandoned mineshafts. for reference the locations were:
X: 641 Z: 62
X162 Z: 914
If going to these places, keep in mind that they are both under water. prepare accordingly.

ElTaco

Reaction score
I've just noticed that branch mine stretching out from the commune. I had no idea it was that vast, didn't know there were a bunch of dwarves on the server.

Pablo49

Reaction score
I've just noticed that branch mine stretching out from the commune. I had no idea it was that vast, didn't know there were a bunch of dwarves on the server.
I spent a lot of time down there. Only 30-ish diamonds came out of that whole mine, though. :(

ElTaco

Reaction score
.. an example of how rare they are? or that your just unlucky ;)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time down there. Only 30-ish diamonds came out of that whole mine, though. :(

From what I understand, diamonds are most common between levels 11 and 12, so for optimum altitude, y = 11.6...

The source of the statistic is Etho.

Shinrar

Reaction score
From what I understand, diamonds are most common between levels 11 and 12, so for optimum altitude, y = 11.6...

The source of the statistic is Etho.

I remember a chart somewhere stating it was just as common between 0-14, and rare 15-16... However, you want to mine on 11.6 because Lava pools a LOT at level 10, and you don't want it flowing into your face. Thats why I mine at 11.6 anyways.

Edit:
Aanndd found a chart in the wiki. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:PercentOfOreByHeight.png
The first 5 layers - Bedrock takes priority which lowers the count. So you've that "optimal" range. Between 6 and 12, but lava is the reason I stick to 11-12.

Edit:
Yes, this is (theoretically) a dynamic map of the world on the server.

Yay! My (lame) house is still there xD
I started getting really frustrated with minecraft and took a break between Beta 1.8 and 1.0.0, because Endermen were really getting on my nerves. I like how they've been nerfed in the annoying parts and buffed in the other parts - so I'm looking forward to returning (and finishing my home >.<).
Sadly though, as I've upgraded to 1.0.0 on my PC already... Until it's upgraded (or I find a way to switch back and forth... hrm...) I won't be joining the server =(

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Edit:
Aanndd found a chart in the wiki. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:PercentOfOreByHeight.png
The first 5 layers - Bedrock takes priority which lowers the count. So you've that "optimal" range. Between 6 and 12, but lava is the reason I stick to 11-12.
Whaaaaat.

No way is Lapis more rare than Diamond. I see Lapis all the time, and have way more of it than I know what to do with.

Although, I guess that might have something to do with altitude...

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Lapis occurs over a wider height range, but most importantly, it occurs in much bigger clusters, whereas diamonds have the smallest clusters afaik.