Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
They are absolutely beautiful Arrowstar :) and at the location I intended to as well, and you did it before I PM'd you about it, what are you? A clairvoyance? :lol:

What's the rate for each house? :)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
By the way Arrowstar, you can even swim the lava oceans with the potion. It could make retrieving nether resources a little easier, as long as you can get back. :p

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
They are absolutely beautiful Arrowstar :) and at the location I intended to as well, and you did it before I PM'd you about it, what are you? A clairvoyance? :lol:

What's the rate for each house? :)

Thanks, Eccentrus! I enjoyed making them. I'd like to do at least three more, but we'll see how much creative energy I can spare towards them. It'd be great if I could do a total of 8 (so 5 more) and create a small neighborhood for people to explore. Again though, creative energy, can only spend so much time on one thing. :)

No, I had no idea you wanted houses down south. I basically just looked at the PM you sent me that outlined where everything was going, saw that the south was free, and took it. I made sure to leave plenty of space between the square and the first house though, so you can build whatever there. So no, sadly, no clairvoyance for me. :)

Houses are free. :D Well, if you want, you can pretend that Woo paid for them, since I found 25 diamonds in his mine in Sudra so far. :lol:

Here's a picture of the third house I built. Not yet furnished, but the outside is done. Not shown are mailboxes I just added a few minutes ago.

20120723184425.png

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Just a bit though, perhaps I should have asked you about this in a PM but in here the knowledge can be shared to everyone else.

How do you hide the wiring for the household lighting?

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just a bit though, perhaps I should have asked you about this in a PM but in here the knowledge can be shared to everyone else.

How do you hide the wiring for the household lighting?

Very carefully. :thumbup:

No, seriously now, see those wooden pillars that the lights are in? Behind those are more logs, and behind those are a third column of logs. The way it works is this: the redstone circuit comes up in the middle column and powers the lamp by powering the log directly underneath the lamp. In short:

L | |
| r |
| | |
| t |

Where L is the lamp, t is the redstone torch inverter hooked up to the Electric Co, r is redstone dust, and | are logs. :) I thought it was a nice way of accomplishing what I want. Hope that was a clear description! :)

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Awesome. Btw, have you gotten a chance to look at the redstone network under the city? It's what's making all that stuff tick. :D

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You know that you'll need to wait a little longer, until Bukkit update (and used plug-ins), and of course for Hielor updating the server. But of course you can test the 1.3 prerelease just now, but not yet on this server.

By the way, there's some tourist hanging around at OPF :lol::
MC_Hielors_2012-07-25_000.jpg
Meet "orb_"​
(I know there's underscore at the end, but "orb" was already used by someone. :p)

Hielor, can you whitelist orb_ for me, please?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
orb_ has been whitelisted.

He mentioned it above, but here's the official reminder: if you wish to continue using my server, don't update your minecraft version until I report that I've updated the server version. We've done this several times before, so people should be used to it by now.

I'm going on vacation starting August 2nd, so even if (somehow) Bukkit and all the mods we need came out with new versions on August 1st, I'm not going to update until after I get back on August 12th in order to give the bukkit folks time to figure out any bugs. It's also possible it will take longer than that--in the past, Bukkit updates have taken as long as a month to come out after the Minecraft update.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am looking forward to the performance and stability improvements! Hopefully we'll get less "lolminecraft" and more "actual minecraft" in the 1.3 release.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Also, leather is going to be required to make books? Seriously? Where the heck am I going to find that many cows? That's the stupidest change I think I've ever heard of... better stock up on books now...

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
seeing that this is still August the 1st, I think I need to remind you that the dynmap is showing the "webfile doesn't match" thingie again.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
seeing that this is still August the 1st, I think I need to remind you that the dynmap is showing the "webfile doesn't match" thingie again.
Works for me. Refresh the page.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
works again now, which is weird that a refresh fixed all that, I restarted the laptop several times today, must have been the cookie monster nom nom nomming again.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
works again now, which is weird that a refresh fixed all that, I restarted the laptop several times today, must have been the cookie monster nom nom nomming again.
As far as I can tell, what's happening is that browsers cache the dynmap's javascript files, and don't actually notice when the versions on the server get updated. Then, you're pulling down files which are tagged with the new version, and running with the files that you've got cached which are the old version, and...yeah.

No idea what causes it--the timestamps on the files are properly updated. It might be that the webserver that dynmap is starting doesn't give the correct timestamp so the browser knows it needs the new versions, or any number of other things. Since it's an easy thing to fix (just refresh the page), not really worth looking in to, IMO.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
No idea what causes it--the timestamps on the files are properly updated. It might be that the webserver that dynmap is starting doesn't give the correct timestamp so the browser knows it needs the new versions, or any number of other things. Since it's an easy thing to fix (just refresh the page), not really worth looking in to, IMO.
The HTTP response headers for those files don't contain "Cache-Control:" nor "ETag:", which would additionally ensure that the client has the freshest versions of files (additionally to the "Last-Modified:" tag). Browser gets the file and doesn't know how long it should be cached, and whether it should revalidate the file after some time (I can't see any HTTP 304 response for those files; they are only taken from the cache without revalidation).

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
well, i accidently updated to the new version. does anyone know of a link to the previous version?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Just roll back the .minecraft folder to a point earlier in the week.