Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm still looking for an investor(s)... For those that are skeptical, I made all the individual furnaces and I have 1/3 of the hoppers needed. If you look at my dessert compound the southern end has the massive industrial facility housing the incomplete smelter.

It could be extended to 128furnaces.:blink:... Ha imagine that... We could convert an entire desert worth of sand into glass without having to worry about the melt time.

Oh yeah, if you're wondering about the benefits you'll receive from your donation...don't worry. I have several chests of sand and nether stuff waiting to be melted and given away for free...

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fsci Achieves In-World Record

Without any outside help:dry: i have managed to complete my industrial furnace with 64 simultaneously operating mini units. I now have achieved an in-world record for largest furnace...the previous record holder was gerdih. This furnace is part of an incomplete industrial facility which will allow players(for a fee) to smelt, brew, and enchant large quantities of items.

When i complete the nether rail link and the surface rail network, i will open the facility to unsupervised public visitation.

picture.php

picture.php

Hey you can see it from orbit...
picture.php

Last edited:

Gerdih

Reaction score
Damn it! A wild competitor appeared! Too busy with university stuff to concentrate on games right now. Is the server being more crowded now? Damn it, my monopoly will fall if I am not there! :beathead:

( I hope the Iron Farm served you well on this enterprise customer ) :tiphat:

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
furnace with 64 simultaneously operating mini units.
If you haven't produced charcoal yet for the fuel, which I was going to bring to you the last weekend, I will be on the server the soonest probably on Friday evening UTC, and if not then on Saturday. The last time I already started preparing for transport by clearing inventory, after I got some new wood to continue the production, but you didn't log in back while I was still in the game.

I also checked that I have a stack of blocks and some more of coal, too, but it's in a chest which I reserved for trading with villagers. And IIRC, I should also have some chest of lava buckets which I didn't decide yet what to use it on, but I haven't checked that to be sure of the exact amount. Too bad charcoal doesn't compress into blocks like coal. I wouldn't need to clear my inventory to transport it.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Is the server down?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I blame the cat. I'll take a look when I get home in an hour or so.

---------- Post added 12-13-14 at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was 12-12-14 at 17:07 ----------

Server's back up and seems to be working.

Cat claimed innocence, but I think we know better.

JSwift

Reaction score
A bit late, but all seems well around spawn in Super Survival world.

There was a 'great escape' of chickens from the Egg Field, but my sword put an end to that. So much raw chicken :)

Ran out of time but I'll finish that cleanup shortly.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
A bit late, but all seems well around spawn in Super Survival world.
Except someone blew up a piece out of the storage system...
And the Pavilion is left unfinished due to protection fault...
And general lack of people on the server, much less survival one.

JSwift

Reaction score
Except someone blew up a piece out of the storage system...
And the Pavilion is left unfinished due to protection fault...

Interesting - some history I didn't know about. Everything around spawn in SS looks the same to me (I'm probably one of the 2 or 3 most recent additions to the whitelist though). I think all the activity on SS probably happened before I ever logged in.

I was wondering what that protection fault sign was all about. Blown up storage system? Are you talking about the array of chests out in the open elevated up on stone brick? I'll have a closer for that (and maybe repair if possible) when I go back to finish cleaning up from the 'great chicken slaughter'.

---------- Post added Dec 20th, 2014 at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was Dec 19th, 2014 at 03:14 PM ----------

I think maybe the cat is trolling the server again?

(Saturday Dec 20)

Last edited:

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would seem that craftbukkit is dead now. Are there any alternatives to craftbukkit? I heard some people say spigot and sponge are good. However the switch could erase portions of the server(chest contents, sign letters, etc) and we may have to reset the server.

Anyways, I'm still working on my sector of the orange line and should have it safe in a month. And I'm still short on charcoal and nether rack

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
And I'm still short on charcoal and nether rack
I have plenty of both, but you haven't been on the server at the time when I was.

I can be probably for some hour or two later today, too.

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have plenty of both, but you haven't been on the server at the time when I was.

I can be probably for some hour or two later today, too.

Christmas tradition calls... No computer until tomorrow. I'll be on the server this time tommorow and I'll also have several dark oak seeds prepared. Apparently the drop rate for dark oak spawn is nearly equivalent to the amount it takes to create a tree(ratio=17:16).

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
Looks like something is wrong with Minecraft on the server at this moment. It disconnected me some 15 minutes ago and I can't reconnect to it since. The dynmap doesn't time out but it doesn't display the map, either, so it isn't a problem with Internet connection and the cat can't be blamed for it this time.

EDIT: Seems to be working fine again.

Last edited:

Shootingiron

Delay forever, or not at all.
Reaction score
Hey every one, Glad to be back!

I've spent the last few days working on the library, filling in creeper holes and city wall damage, and fixing up the mob defenses around the city. And I also isolated that broken spur out to the gold farm line, so that nether rail line is working correctly now.

But mostly I've just been wondering around reacquainting myself with all the magnificent work everyone has done over the years. As wonderful as it all is, and as much as it would be a shame to lose it, I’m convinced that it’s an ever bigger shame that the sever is so dead and that people aren’t continuing to make such wonderful things.

So I’m somewhat in favor of a reset or use of a mod (terrafirma looks very intriguing), in fact I think we should be trying out multiple mods if only to keep the game interesting, and thus keep the server populated.

My two cents, at least.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
But mostly I've just been wondering around reacquainting myself with all the magnificent work everyone has done over the years.
Were those your signs asking questions at my home and in lighthouse I removed yesterday, then?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Were those your signs asking questions at my home and in lighthouse I removed yesterday, then?
Nope, these were mine.
I think i also left something in one of the chests, or tried to.

That was some time ago, actually - i was checking what was new on the server, and left the signs (aka "last survivor's log") here and there, cause nobody there on the server. Ever.

I don't think starting anew would be good - just look at the survival world.
Insufficient interest to last long enough to get anything comparable or better that the current world.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
That was some time ago, actually
Well, I haven't been at home for some time, but mostly in Nether and near south border in Overworld, so I didn't notice them. I've got back home only to put some things in the storage chests, which weren't required at the place I was earlier and to get some food back with me.

Shootingiron

Delay forever, or not at all.
Reaction score
Looks like something is wrong with Minecraft on the server at this moment...

I'm having trouble staying connected also. Things are very laggy. It's been fairly consistant for the last 12hrs. This is all a great tragedy because if I can't waste time in MC, I'll have to study. lol.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
The server isn't responding at all at the moment. Can the cat be blamed this time? :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Cat was locked up in a different room and can't be blamed. Server still had hard disk space available and was responding to console input. No idea what went wrong... bitrot?

I'm restarting it now, because when in doubt, restart.