Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I have some endstone already mined. I'm not sure how much, but it isn't full chest yet. I can transfer it to the project chest for it if there is one.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
just change one of the signs in the project chests designated area in the anterior of the commune, use one of the project # signs and change it into project # and "Blaze Grinder, need endstones, etc."

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I actually have(or will have once the existing grinder is demolished) everything apart from the endstone and glass. but donations will be welcome, any excess will be left in the commune.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Project chest marked, it used to be the project 5 chest

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it possible for ghasts to get through to the overworld? If so, maybe we need to better protect all our portals...a ghast loose in the overworld would cause quite a bit of havoc to all the wooden buildings around.

Is there a way to download parts of the server for offline use? I'd like to plan out a castle atop the island in Creative, without spending hours and possibly ruining the landscape. I guess it's a bit cheaty, though.
This is something that was asked about before and I specifically have declined this in the past, largely because I don't want people using various tools to locate valuable resources easily and safely, then recovering them in the simplest/fastest way possible. It's technically possible, since it's basically what the server does every six hours for backups, but I think there's a certain element of fun to be had when everything you do actually matters...well, as much as it can matter on a relatively low-population server of a video game, anyway.

My recommendation would be to take some pictures and survey measurements of the area, then re-create it yourself :p Either that, or make an overall plan that's sufficiently generic that details don't matter, and then flesh those out as you go.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Is it possible for ghasts to get through to the overworld? If so, maybe we need to better protect all our portals...a ghast loose in the overworld would cause quite a bit of havoc to all the wooden buildings around.
It's possible to get a ghast through portal, but very unlikely they will do this by themselves. I think more likely is a creeper going to Nether instead.

how_to_fit_ghasts_through_portals_by_pickleplayer-d5jyyuk.png

http://pickleplayer.deviantart.com/art/HOW-TO-FIT-GHASTS-THROUGH-PORTALS-335875052

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That's awesome.

Edit: Also I could consider this griefing depending on someone's process and motives. Same comments as the wither--if you spawn one in the middle of town where it's obvious you're not prepared to do anything with it, it's griefing. If you decide you want a ghast pet in your house and spend some time making a cage for it, portal it into the cage, and it gets out and wreaks havoc...that's not griefing, that's failing.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm...
I think i know now what to fill the third big cube at the Delta Crateris with. :)

Seriously, it's too damn impractical in that location - both nether and overworld is rich with structures in the way.

Would the ghast despawn after a while?
Would be a pity going through all the effort only to have it disappear on your disconnect/commune trip.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Would the ghast despawn after a while?
Would be a pity going through all the effort only to have it disappear on your disconnect/commune trip.
Yes, it's a hostile mob, so I suspect it'll despawn under the normal rules for hostile mob despawning. I had wanted a creeper in a glass display case previously, before I'd realized the effort wouldn't be worth it since it would just despawn.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Hielor could you remove the protection on a switch at the blaze grinder, so we can continue with the renovations

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hielor could you remove the protection on a switch at the blaze grinder, so we can continue with the renovations
Done. Also, wow you guys have been rather industrious there.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Thank you.

TSP and Hedzup did most of the digging, collecting and building of the walls. Woo helped too.

I will be continuing the building tommorow.

Epsilon

Interplanetary Road Pizza
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Evil Onyx: I've been doing some temporary construction sorta-near your area to get at the glowstone up there, in case you're wondering what that big tower is. If you need some for the blaze grinder, give me a poke - I'll be happy to give what I can.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
The grinder is finished and operational, just need to move the train station and add the other bits an peaces.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Hielor, can you please reset my spawn? I somehow set my last position being stuck in the commune's underground
It could be something with multiverse again. Yesterday, people were saying they are re-spawning in the main hub in Nether.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting your spawn yourself the old fashioned way, or are you stuck?

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Also, are people respawning in the nether hub regardless of where they die, or only if they die in the nether?

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
I'm stuck in the underground i.e. within the blocks, I have tried to mine out but I keep resetting to being stuck there.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm stuck in the underground i.e. within the blocks, I have tried to mine out but I keep resetting to being stuck there.
As far as I can tell, you need to be online for me to reset your spawn using the in-game commands. Do you have anything in your inventory you want to keep? If not, I can just reset your player file, which should put you back at the default spawn.

---------- Post added 02-22-13 at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was 02-21-13 at 21:48 ----------

Eccentrus, I'm online now and will be for a while, if you wanted me to go ahead and fix your spawn.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Derp, I missed you--try again, I'm paying attention this time, I swear :p