Hi everybody

Rocketguy

Reaction score
I'm new here, just downloaded Orbiter and am trying to get the hang of it. Looking forward to many, many hours of learning!!

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm new here, just downloaded Orbiter and am trying to get the hang of it. Looking forward to many, many hours of learning!!

Greetings! :)

Scratch that, look forward to many days and/or weeks and/or years of learning ;). You can never know it all, so there's always something new to learn!

Welcome aboard!

:hailprobe:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Prepare to forsake, all other passions in your life.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com

Rocketguy

Reaction score
^^ Thanks everybody! I'm still busy reading the manual and trying to figure everything out. The delta glider is neat. I was able to take off from the runway and fly around a bit, and I have reached what is considered "space" (100 km I believe) using the RCS system to maneuver then cutting the engines and coming back to ground.

I've used all of the MS flight simulators, so the flying part isn't new to me.

Next step: learning how to get into orbit!

ParaG

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Rocketguy...
Welcome!....Being a newbie myself it dawned on me rather quickly that Orbiter has a pretty steep learning curve...But what a RIDE! ...so far..so good.
Hope you will enjoy it as well....Good luck! :thumbup:

Rocketguy

Reaction score
By the way, I stumbled on Orbiter by doing a search for "space shuttle simulator" in Google. I used the old Shuttle program back in the dinosaur days, so I was searching for something more up to date.

This has FAR exceeded my expectations, to say the least.

vsfx

Orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
By the way, I stumbled on Orbiter by doing a search for "space shuttle simulator" in Google. I used the old Shuttle program back in the dinosaur days, so I was searching for something more up to date.

This has FAR exceeded my expectations, to say the least.

I remember when I first stumbled upon Orbiter. I could not believe that this amazing program had existed for years and I had NEVER heard of it. Try not to install too many add-ons at once from OrbitHangar in the excitement!