General Question Help Whit AMSO Texture Moon Look this video

ospastor

Reaction score
Hello To Everyone!!! is my first post on this page:) I am using Orbiter 2010 and the AMSO for apollo 11 , and I was wondering if there is a way to have Realistic Terrain of the moon like on this video.

I try whit Orulex but didnt work... if someone is kind enough to respond I would be very grateful

Thanks !!!!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello ospastor,

I can not answer your question completely, but looking at the 'f7 for options' text on the right part of the screen I would say that you have to take a look at the OGLA Client. It's an alternative (external) graphic-client for Orbiter.

In general you have to do some 6 or so things:
1. Get Orbiter that supports external graphic clients (Version 100830 or greater I think)
2. Get the external graphic client (search for OGLA client on the forum)
3. Start Orbiter_ng.exe
4. Select the (OGLA-)Client at the 'Modules' page
5. Set up the screen (resolution, windowed/fullscreen, color-depth, etc.)
6. Run a scenario.

In OGLA you should additionally be able to change some parameters at runtime (press F7), but for further details please take a look at the forum posts that are dealing with the OGLAClient

Cheers and post your experiences when you get succesfull,
Kuddel

ospastor

Reaction score
thanks for the reply kuddel .. and sorry for my english :), I download the last Orulex Whit The Real moon surface and works fine ... but When I try go orbiter whit OGLA Client not working.. I have another question.. I am new on orbiter and I have the AMSO for apollo 11, but I want to land on Fra mauro or another site not in tranquility base ,there any way to change that?

Thanks a lot !:)

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello ospastor,

first, your english is quite good (I've read much -very much- worse english here)
Back to your question: You want to go to Fra Mauro.
That was done by NASA with Apollo 14 (AS-509)...O.K. they tried it with '13' first but that is another story ;)

1. There is an add-on on OH (www.orbithangar.com) here: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3469"]Apollo 14 Scenario Pack for AMSO v.1.0[/ame]
    but
    I'm not sure if it is compatible with the current Version (1.20) of AMSO, so this might not working.
    I will try this add-on later on and give you the results.
  2. The other way is to make your own Scenarios: The AS-508 (Apollo 13) Scenarios might be a good base to start with, 'cause they wanted to land at Fra Mauro. You can change the Mission designation from AS-508 to AS-509 in those scenarios, that will "transform" it into Apollo 14. With that wrong dates of course.
I'm not sure if the second option is really something for you, but when you are interested in doing so, you should read the AMSO documentation about the changes you can make to the scenarios.

If I were you, I would wait for my test-results on option 1 ;)

Ah, by the way: If the Orulex works good for you, keep that!

Cheers,
Kuddel

---------- Post added 04-09-11 at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was 03-09-11 at 23:31 ----------

Hello ospastor,

it's me again. I've downloaded installed and (briefly) tested the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3469"]Apollo 14 Scenario Pack for AMSO v.1.0[/ame] add-on and it seems to work.
Unfortunately there is no special Sound-Pack for that mission available, so don't get confused when you hear some "11", "Buzz", "Niel", "Mike" or "Eagle" callouts ;)
Another thing is: You should have IMFD installed as well. I tested with Version 5.5 but it should work with Version 5.1e and above (read the documentation included with the Apollo 14 add-on for further details).
You can get IMFD here: http://koti.mbnet.fi/jarmonik/Orbiter.html (scroll down if you only see LunarTransferMFD ;) )

No fear: You don't have to really understand everything of IMFD, it just helps if you know how to set some things up. What you should do is noted in the Scenario descriptions.

Whith that addon(s) you should be able to re-create the Apollo-14 mission quite accurate.

Have fun,
Kuddel

ospastor

Reaction score
Hello kuddel you are very kind thanks a lot ., I will donwload the Apollo 14 Scenario Pack for AMSO, Which is better for you Orulex or OGLA?. Because recently I have a Problem whit Orulex.. I guess the problem is the textures most of the moon is black ,Maybe I need to configure better the program, the heightmap is lv 8 .

Tnaks !

regards !!!:thumbup:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi ospastor,

..., Which is better for you Orulex or OGLA?. Because recently I have a Problem whit Orulex.. I guess the problem is the textures most of the moon is black ,Maybe I need to configure better the program, the heightmap is lv 8 .

Which one is better? Hmmm the one that works, I would say ;)

On my current system the support for OpenGL is not soooo good, so I don't really get that good framerates with that (OGLA) external Graphic-Client.

I have several "installations" of Orbiter with different setups, so I choose the one that fits my current needs.

Mainly I use the current Orbiter BETA (110824) with D3D9Client installation, which on the other hand does not work with ORULEX (although I didn't try to find the exact reason for that)

The "inline-client" installation works well with ORULEX, although I did not really looked deep into it. For example I don't know how to apply and tweak heightmaps of the moon for best experience.

So unfortunately I can only say: Give them both a try and keep the one you like the most ;)

Cheers,
Kuddel

ospastor

Reaction score
hello Kuddel !! thanks a lot for your Answer .. I want to know if you can tell me if exist a Mod ....where you can fly the AMSO apollo to mars ..

Regards !! :thumbup:

ospastor

Reaction score
:lol: Thanks A lot Kuddel And Scruce , I have question, I really like to know Why Whit Orulex 1.2 When I fly Around The Moon or on the surface, I observed That the graphics did not generate Quite well. I mean it looks weird, the surface is like Black Boxes and sometimes Change From Black to Another Colour .
perhaps a lack of configuration of my own.

Regards !:thumbup:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi ospastor,

sorry for the delay, I was a little "off-line" the last weekend.

I can not really reproduce your problems with Orulex.
The only 'oddity' is, that the rendering of the surface is done on the fly and therfore I see mountains to raise only when they come in closer range.
But that is default behaviour, I think. It can be tuned by some parameters, but I have no detailed knowledge about that.

On your "black boxes" problem you might want to contact the author of Orulex (rawash) and ask him about this issue:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/member.php?u=3998
*********** Edit *****************
Sorry, that was wrong! Thanks to Izack I know now that artlav is the author: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/member.php?u=94
So, as you said: It's maybe just a configuration problem ;)

When you've got any news on that, please post the results here, so we all can get enlighted :thumbup:

Have fun,
Kuddel

Last edited:

ospastor

Reaction score
hello guys !! many thanks for your answers Izack and kuddel:):thumbup: .. I want To know Something about AMSO.. lately when I use AMSO apollo 11 and I'm close to the moon and I do engage parking orbit circulation ,after that I can not go into the lunar module, I mean I press M and nothing happens .. I would like to know what happens or what is the problem that causes this

I have it set up this way:

parameters

Complex flight model- ON
limited Fuel- ON
auto-refuel on pad_ ON

Perturbations

nospherical gravity sources-OFF
radiation pressure-ON
Gravity-gradient torque-OFF

maybe I'm not aligned .. anyone know which are the values ​​for LOI?

thanks !!

Regards:)

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello again,

I currently don't have an Orbiter installation at hand to check this, but I think what you have to do is the following:
Once you have done the 'Transposition & Docking' and extracted the LM you should be able to switch to the LM via the "normal" Orbiter Vessel-Switch Dialog (Press [F3]).
After you have switched your focus to the LM you should be able to "power up" that thing (I don't know if it is done via [L] or [K] or...)

/Kuddel

ospastor

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for your help:thumbup: .. Im still can't get into the LM for the LOI .. is rare .. I hit "M" ..but does not respond
maybe it is because I'm not into the orbit of the moon... I almost forgot I have this picture which is a problem I have with the orulex 1.2.0 would like to know is

when I set up in orulex_config polycount at the maximum this happens.

thanks and regards

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi again,

you problem with "not getting into the LM" is strange...
You really did try this sequence:
Press [F3], then 'Select LM Vessel' and press 'OK',
Press [J] to activate the LM.

As usual, I'm at work and can therefore not access Orbiter.
You could maybe "quick-save" your situation and post the Scenario here.
From that it should be easy to give you a sequence of keys, or see and other problem.

/Kuddel

ospastor

Reaction score
hello kuddel :) I can get into the lunar module pressing F3 like you said , but I can't whit M I dont Know Why... and When I press F3 I get in into the LM but in the Comand Module The astronauts are there :huh: I have in total 6 astronauts 3 in the LM and 3 in the CM...
in another post I upload an image

thanks a lot !!:thumbup:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
hello kuddel :) I can get into the lunar module pressing F3 like you said , but I can't whit M I dont Know Why... and When I press F3 I get in into the LM but in the Comand Module The astronauts are there :huh: I have in total 6 astronauts 3 in the LM and 3 in the CM...
in another post I upload an image

thanks a lot !!:thumbup:

What scenario are you using? Is it one that came in the AMSO Core addon?

I found that sometimes on 'unofficial' missions, the part that defines the crew gets messed up.