Help / tutorials on setting up OMP

Deep Blue

Reaction score
Hello everyone!|

Im fairly new to orbiter and OMP, but not to computers or programming

I was wondering if there were any newer help files, or even tutorials on omp. I would like to start my own server, but I need to know how to set up some things, like different scenerios, or adding locations.

Would anyone be able to help? point me in the right direction, or even walk me through it? I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks, and a very nice job to face, keep up the good work

P.S. Is there a place for the most updated OMP modules/updates?

- Josh

Moderator note: fixed thread title to be more descriptive

Last edited by a moderator:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any newer help files, or even tutorials on omp. I would like to start my own server, but I need to know how to set up some things, like different scenerios, or adding locations.

Kriss made a rough HOWTO page here. There is no new help or tutorial content - made by me - available. Maybe others have worked on it, though...

Would anyone be able to help? point me in the right direction, or even walk me through it? I would very much appreciate it.

The big question here is: what do you want to do? If you expect OMP to be a kind of MMO server, you'll fail. It is in development and not stable enough to be used on a persistent basis.

P.S. Is there a place for the most updated OMP modules/updates?

The current development source repository is here. From time to time, I check-in binaries reflecting an important development state.

regards,
Face