Help achieving LEO

Gunmaster

Reaction score
I am new to the forums in here so I don't exactly were to post this So anyway.

I am trying to get into orbit of around 150 K or maybe 200K but every time I try with the shuttle or the delta-glider I keep messing up and go flying out into space. The shuttle I usually keep running out of fuel and the delta-glider well I keep messing up.

I looked all around the net but I couldn't find a tutorial on how to get into LEO {Low Earth Orbit} so if any one has a tutorial or step by step guide on how to do this I would like to see it.

So anyway if you know how to do this I will post more Questions in the future

E-mail me at

[email protected] if you can help please

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Follow the tutorial on getting to the ISS; that will also teach you how to get into orbit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
LEO isn't very hard to get to if you're flying a futuristic craft (I suggest flying one first).

To learn you want to either watch a replay or an autopilot. Take notes of how high, fast, and what angle the rocket is flying at every few seconds. Then copy it.

It really helps to keep Surface MFD and OrbitMFD open as you try to get into orbit. You want your heading, speed, altitude, and pitch from surface. As you get closer to Orbit you want that green oval to be as circular as possible and your Eccentricity (Ecc) to get as close to zero as possible.

Really you just go mostly up for the first 1/4 of flight, then mostly forward for the next 3/4 of the flight. (It should take about 5-7 minutes to get to orbit)