Have Prototyper, will print your model and send it for free!

nuaetius

Reaction score
I'll see if I can get a simple easy to print Space Shuttle uploaded. Should I just get the Orbiter, or each individual part (Orbiter, External Tank, 2x Boosters) in one file?

1 file for each part that is separate. So if the 4 parts 4 files. Scale does not matter because we usually use Blender to scale, but the files do need to be manifold, and GPL.

nuaetius

Reaction score
Probe

As I said, you upload it, if it's printable I will send it to you. Draw a probe and if it's printable you will have it on your desktop sometime week after next.

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I wonder how many more years before these 3D printers get consumer affordable enough to end up being the next big thing being sold at Staples for $200 like inkjet printers now ? Not to mention when "color" ones will hit that level ?

nuaetius

Reaction score
I wonder how many more years before these 3D printers get consumer affordable enough to end up being the next big thing being sold at Staples for $200 like inkjet printers now ? Not to mention when "color" ones will hit that level ?

Still a little off because of the nature of 3d printing.

HP price for ink is .70 $ per ml. Staratasis cartridge run sever hundred a piece. They are not going to give up the model of selling "ink" when they move to 3d.

The RepRap printers use industrial plastic to print, not much profit in that.

ikrase

Reaction score
I predict that they woudl be more like 1000 dollars, and use something semi-commmon.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that 2D printing is useful, so I doubt 3D printing will ever surplant it entirely. :)

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Sorry to necro but my bot is now online. Having trouble getting orbiter meshes (even my own!) to pass STL check, and I'm afraid to feed it to skeinforge without that check OK. Have you noticed the same?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Never got past icosahedras and cups...
For all the checks - i guess best is to try it out, it's not like the thing blow up if it's wrong.

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Never got past icosahedras and cups...
For all the checks - i guess best is to try it out, it's not like the thing blow up if it's wrong.

Damage comes in more flavors than explosions. :cheers: Ran the toolhead into the build platform at an early attempt to print the Holy Probe.

a0ifk5.jpg

So keep a hand on the power switch! Here's a dg mesh sliced horizontally, then fed to the bot with >7000 STL errors. That confused it enough to abort the raft but it still made a recognizable print.

nyfng8.jpg

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

btw, here's a neat site: http://cloud.netfabb.com/

fixed this landing pad quite well!

95wu46.jpg