Request Hanger for Arrow Freighter

kevinvr

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone make a hanger big enough for the Arrow freighter with doors that open and close? Preferably one that we can add to a scenario in the "edit Scenario" custom panel.

just wondering,
Thanks,
kevinvr

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
try this:
http://www.4shared.com/file/jnK4S9om/arrowhangar5.html

G opens the doors, breathable area. Because the breathable area is created on start. your Ummu must be suited on save or they die.

arrowhangar5.jpg

arrowhangar6.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yep. They wanted it big enough for wiggle room on landing. It is a basic design.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Now juxtapose it with the hangars on Wideawake International! You'll probably need to put it out at sea, though.

Ark

Reaction score
[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4370"]Hidden Base 1.1[/ame]

I kind of like this one, the top door is big enough to descend into on hover thrusters. It seems more appropriate, since the Arrow can't taxi.

kevinvr

Reaction score
yep, I tried hiddenbase too, but this hanger can be edited into any scenario so easily even I can do it :rofl:
Ok. It works greaat, That is some hanger. You can even autopilot right into it! :thumbup: Thanks gattispilot.:tiphat:

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Not meant as to criticize gattispilot's work, but wouldn't a hangar with a retractable roof make more sense for an Arrow than one with a classic door?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not meant as to criticize gattispilot's work, but wouldn't a hangar with a retractable roof make more sense for an Arrow than one with a classic door?

LoL!

You're not doing him any favors by going easy on him. Just say it out loud and clear so he can learn from his mistakes.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Not my call, really. I am thankful for everyone who invests his time to provide free add-ons for Orbiter. Just throwing in ideas and thoughts.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you want I can add a retractable roof. Any other suggestions. I reduce the size and flatten the roof so the roof will retract and front door.

newarrowhangar.jpg

What if the sides were slanted and side doors added so you could have cargo bays?

Last edited:

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
As I said, a retractable roof would definitely make sense for the Arrow. In your illustrations it doesn't seem there is much space to the sides though so you'd have to land the Arrow *very* precise?

As for side doors, definitely needed for ground personnel and to load and unload cargo.