Giant Hurricane Sandy

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
obviously, hurricane Sandy was generated by HARP :duh: there's no question of that

edit: I thought there was a "duh" smiley... why don't we have one of those?

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Shark spotted prowling the streets of Brigantine, New Jersey:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog...+shark+surfaces+on+flooded+new+jersey+street/

406977.jpg

TerraMimic

Reaction score
Just spent 3 hours on line to get gas for the generator. Temperature is down to the low 40s.

In the morning we're going to try splicing in an extension cable into to line for the furnace so we can power the furnace.

TerraMimic

Reaction score
Well, we got the furnace hooked in to the generator. Managed to not blow ourselves up in the process.

Power company has restored service to more than half my town. Unfortunately, I'm not in that group. From what I've been able to determine, they have restored enough to drop the town down on the priority list. Plus, two nights ago, they tried to bring power back and blew another couple transformers. By my guess, that means that we have been put at the bottom of the list for parts. According to current estimates, it could be another 10 days.

On the other hand, I am grateful that I am in a position to be complaining about lack of power. One of my friends had water fill the basement up to the first floor. She has to now rip out the electrical system and rewire the place. Her area still does not have any power or natural gas service back yet.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah be careful with that power stuff. At least you didn't flood out. Not having power sucks but it sure beats water damage to your house. I had a pipe burst in my house a few years ago and had to rip out and replace all the carpet and drywall up to a foot above the concrete floor in the basement, plus I had to throw out a bunch of stuff I was storing on the floor. Thousands of dollars in damage, but because it wasn't a natural flood the insurance company covered it. I have been seriously considering flood insurance after the last few giant rain storms, expensive as it is it would be some peace of mind.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
A strong nor'easter appears likely to be affecting the areas hit by Hurricane Sandy in a few days. Thursday the 8th. This is the model that called 240 hours out that Sandy would hit the United States where it did, it's statistically proven to be our most reliable model.
00zeurotropical500mbSLP120.gif