Generic Mod Enabler

wovik

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am unable to install addons with JSGME... It's usually a problem with "docs", it gives me a "x mod has already created the folder "Add-on Docs" yada yada, and if i choose to ignore the warning, the aforementioned Addon stops working D:

I get this warning on folders all the time but everything works fine.
Did you look closely as it might mention a FILE that another mod added. If you install it then it will replace that file from another mod with the one you are installing now. This may make the other mod stop working.

Jack

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I just noticed your wrote
"x mod has already created the folder "Add-on Docs" yada yada
I'll take this literaly and advise you to create that folder (and alll other common ones) before you make your snapshot. Maybe it really is just an issue of creating directorys, with files overwriting it works great.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've never seen that problem, but two solutions spring to mind:

1. Don't install the documentation

2. Add the docs into a new folder in the mod e.g. 'Atlas V docs'. Jones should then install that wihtout a problem - you'll just have to look in that folder for manuals etc.

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
strange, strange... docs just can't mess up addon installation, their just that - docs.
Can you install this add-on manually is it working OK after that?

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I've never seen that problem, but two solutions spring to mind:

1. Don't install the documentation

2. Add the docs into a new folder in the mod e.g. 'Atlas V docs'. Jones should then install that wihtout a problem - you'll just have to look in that folder for manuals etc.

This is what I've done with add-ons I'm developing now. It makes, IMHO, it easier for those new to Orbiter to find the docs. And it makes it easier to remove them, with or without Jones.