OHM Frontier: 55 Cancri

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you joking?

No unfortunately I wasn't. Art took over starfrontiers.org and for some reason I thought he also was buying the rights from Hasbro a couple years back. I don't know anything about SF actually, it was a little before my time (was born in'80) and I was never into those types of RPGs.

So sorry, my retardedness strikes again :)

Art

Reaction score
Actually, I can't get the rights, but I did snag the abandoned trademark... Hasbro has used some of the content stuff for d20, which means also that it all falls under OGL. Doesn't matter at all anyway, as all the stuff we produce is still pure fanwork...no charge, ever. I just don't want anyone to ever START charging again.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
The download rate is about 2 KB/s! And it says 48 hours download time. Sometimes even more! :huh: Is this all the time?

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'd love to look this stuff over and see what's in it but even at an average of 25.5 Kb per second, it still takes more than 3.5 hours to download. Since it's OGL, is there any chance of repackaging the archive into smaller chunks and posting it on a somewhat faster server for download ?

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'd love to look this stuff over and see what's in it but even at an average of 25.5 Kb per second, it still takes more than 3.5 hours to download. Since it's OGL, is there any chance of repackaging the archive into smaller chunks and posting it on a somewhat faster server for download ?

Well, it's really big. I'll ask Vash if we could post it on OH but I didn't want to burden OH with such a large file. There's an option though to download the 2 part.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know I let you guys hang back then because I got my head into too much stuff at the same time, so it's even greater to see that you're still at it. :cheers:

Art

Reaction score
The Prodigal son returns. We have all done it jedidia. Unfortuantly, we use these projects to improve our quality of life, not to earn a living. Lots of competition for our time. Sometimes it's just too much!

OK, Vash indicates he is willing to put this old package onto his server. He will have to monitor usage however, and will restrict it, as it is a stupid-big file. That will drain back over onto the Starfrontiers.org server. With help from Peskie, I have got a torrent file placed on the Starfrontiers.org server here: http://starfrontiers.org/sfcom/frontier55cancri.torrent
This file has been downloaded off my server 8000 times in the past 2 years. That's 2.8 terabytes worth. Problem is, I have 8-10 people downloading it at the same time(as much as 20 downloaders the other night), then nothing for a while. Makes slow going on a home server. There are some other 25 meg or less files that are updated and downloaded regularly off this server as well as a lot of web use. I only test out at 6mb/s down and 200kbps up. This is less than half the down bandwidth I am paying for,and less than 1/5 of the up speed I pay for. No redress available.
If anyone wants to play mirror, bring it on!

Art

Reaction score
Thank you Astrosammy! This will help a lot. Peskie decided we needed a bittorrent. I wish I had done that a long time ago.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't download it. I don't know if the link is dead or what. Can't even download if i go through the site.:shrug:

Last edited:

anemazoso

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't download it. I don't know if the link is dead or what. Can't even download if i go through the site.:shrug:

Sorry Don. This seams to happen from time to time. The files are hosted on Art server. I'll email him and see whats up. :cheers:

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I know this is an older add-on now but the link is down and I'd much like to add it to orbiter again. I got a new PC this year and I cant find my backup for this add-on.

CptnW

Reaction score
Looking for a working link to this classic mod. Real shame if it was lost forever