FlyByWire 2016 01

OHM FlyByWire 2016 01 2022-06-14

GB

Reaction score
GB submitted a new addon:

FlyByWire 2016 01 - Enhanced Game Controller Support Uploaded by "GB" by permission of 'Redburne'

Fly-By-Wire 2016 01 (FBW) complements or replaces Orbiter's support for game controllers.

From Version 2016 Updated:

• All letters commands are direct to windows (keyboard emulation).
  • Added additional four commands Alt and Four commands Ctrl.
For one joystick button your can use two commands ( three didn't tested).

Still problems:

- Because in Pause mode Orbiter disconnect all add-ons, Run command is not possible,
so command Pause is pause only.

Read more about this addon...

df1972

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I probably didn't install this correctly but I don't quite get what went wrong. Every time I go to save my changes that I configured I get this error message:

"Unable to write to FlyByWire\Current\ProfileStandard.ini"

I don't have a folder named "Current" anywhere in my Orbiter installation directory and there isn't one in the downloadable zip file for this addon either.

I got my joystick today and did some takeoffs, landings, and dockings with it using the default Orbiter controls. I can't wait until I can use FlyByWire to map things like KILLROT to the trigger, RCS FWD/BACK to buttons, and the wheel brakes to my thumb button. Looks like FlyByWire is exaclty what I'm lookng for!

GB

Reaction score
In Orbiter 2016 open folder "FlyByWire" next "Current" then make new empty txt document "ProfileStandard.txt" after change mame to "ProfileStandard.ini".
I hope will be ok.

Last edited:

Boolean

Reaction score
Hello, i have an x56 hotas and i want to set up the game. How do i install this add-on? (edit: nvm i found how to)

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, just drop the correct files in the correct folders. If you're using Orbiter 2016. It does not work with OpenOrbiter. :confused:

SeniorAstronautics

Reaction score
Installed this app to control my Thrustmaster and Saitek hardware, works like a charm! I added a PS3 controller for ROT. I still need to learn basics of space flight and interplanetary navigation, that is the hard part.

Kudos to all developers who are creating these amazing add-ons!