Gaming Favorite video game?

Polaris

Reaction score
For all you gamers out there, what is your favorite video game besides Orbiter?

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lock On: Modern Air Combat. I still use the old 1.02 version, but as the German version of Flaming Cliffs 2 will be on Amazon at the end of August I'll update to that one soon.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
My 2 favorites right now have to be Ace Combat 6 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Ace Combat 6 because of the great gameplay, soundtrack, and graphics, and Bad Company 2 because of the great story in the single player campaign, and how multiplayer stresses teamwork so strongly.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Shadow of the Colossus, even though it's old. Also Ace Combat 6 (cheers Pilot!) and Metroid: Zero Mission (Prime comes in close, but not quite.)

The title theme to my life :lol::

Ark

Reaction score
Always been a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series. Also, anything Bioware produces is made of solid fried gold, especially Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Unstung

Reaction score
I swear there's another thread like this.
Anyways, right now, my favorite is Peace Walker. I don't generally play video games often.

statisticsnerd

Reaction score
FSX
GTA Vice City & GTA San Andreas
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Multiplayer
Goldeneye Multiplayer
Far Cry
Sim City 2000
Manhole (anyone remember that?!)

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Oooh, I'll go with Goldeneye on the N64, and that is pretty much the only console game I think (Exception: Perfect Dark)

PC-wise, I've been rolling back around with Freelancer as the boys over at orbiter radio will know, and punching X2 in the squishy bits to make it give me more entertainments too. Then there's Sniper Elite, which I love because it rewards putting a bullet through another sniper's scope from distance, Silent Hunter (III, IV, and V is growing on me), Dangerous Waters as mentioned in a few other threads, FSX, Aliens Versus Predator (I, II, and the new one is actually very good), OpenTTD, SimSig (And guys, we gotta get back to MP that sometime), Star Trek - Starfleet Academy, its expansion, and sequel Klingon Academy (Yes, yes, I know. I love them anyway. :D), Napoleon Total War aaaand rFactor (Of course! :lol:).

Alright, that's a lot of favourites. But hey, I have a lot of games and I like most of them for various reasons. :D

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
MW2, when i wish to vent my anger and just shoot something......but mostly very popular pre-2000 games such as Zelda & Pokémon.....

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Amazing... I imagined the first reply would be "World of Warcraft". :lol:
As for me, ACE Online/Air Rivals (same thing, different countries), Pokemon (well, not so much these days), Exteel (too bad it dies September 1st, 2010 T_T), and quite sadly... World of Warcraft (my idiot of a friend got me hooked big time X_X).

Kveldulf

Reaction score
SimSig (And guys, we gotta get back to MP that sometime)
We need to get more people into SimSig and have a big MP session on Glasgow or something.

So Orbinauts, download SimSig! Deal with the FUN of dealing with train traffic jams! Cry yourself to sleep at night when everything is backed up and its not your fault! Fire everyone because trains wont go anywhere, when they're routed correctly. Throw rocks at the engineer when he decides to take a bathroom break right outside the station (no joke, this happened to insanity, Zatnikitelman, and myself one night). Partake in the epic fun of doing everything right, and getting a negative score because it's not good enough :cheers:

Anyway, back on topic. My favorite video game of all time? Morrowind. I have never been so engrossed in a video game before. Everytime I load it up and hear the theme song, it just brings back happy memories.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Favourite games come and go, allthough lately not much has been able to get me to play it through except Mass Effect 1&2, allthough I have to say that Mass Effect 2 already has a lot of "been there, done that" moment. If things go on like this, I'd have the third one as a novel rather than a game...

There are some I played excessivly as a kid, but that I think rather boring now, mostly Wing Commander Privateer, and allmost all space shooters except for the original X-Wing (at least, that thing is still a REAL challenge!). These are games I usually think "they're not that great after all, but I had tons of fun with them!

But there's three all-time favourites, that nothing was ever able to push from throne of awe, which I can replay even decades after and say, without nostalgia "this simply is a great game, and will always be!" That's X-Com: Ufo Defense, Star Controll 2, and "Das Schwarze Auge 2" (yes, a german game. Never made it out of our language, which is a pitty. It rocks every single D&D game, and it easily smites the new Drakensang to the ground, plot-wise, and most of all mechanics-wise). These games are that good and that much fun that I stil play them regulary despite dated graphics (allthough I have to admit that the full speech of the Star Control II port helps a lot).

I even have an Original CD of DSA 2 lying around, allthough you can by now download it as abandon ware. It's the only original I kept from my childhood days.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
The whole battlefield series (have them all, currently playing Battlefield Bad Company 2),
The whole Halo series (just pre-ordered Halo Reach Limited edition :p),
The Rainbow Six series,
The Mass Effect games,
The Pokemon series (jup, 16 and still love those small creatures.. :blush:).