External Internal View Switching causes altitude to decrease

groovespace

Reaction score
Hello there: this migh have happened before so please if someone could help it would be much appreciated. I play orbiter Sim for many years an never have experienced this issue_--when i switch to external view then to internal view, the ship drops almost 2 or more Kms in altitude in Orbit mfd (specificaly in the PED or APD orbit data) with this problem i can never dock to any other vessel, it is like accuracy of the sim is being decrased badly when i switch ext - int view. My Hardware is the same, i checked Clock issues, defrag system, and tune up everything,update BIOS, you name it.. even downloaded clean version of orbiter, an tried several difrent vessels with the same result...
Anyone know any solution to this???
Thanks in advance..and of course sorry if this been asked before.
Regards,
:)

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
This is unheard of...
Could you record a replay where this happens and check if it is in there too and maybe upload it?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
ApD and PeD are osculating orbit elements and only valid for the current moment. They are meant to change by definition, and your 2 km are well within the range for such changes caused by non-spherical gravity and other gravity sources.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
That happened to me too... if I was in 10x and I changed from ext. to int., I would immediately see the elements on OrbitMFD change a bit... that could be the graphics hurting the physics. Perhaps Martin can help.

groovespace

Reaction score
Thanks in advance to all responses, i agree with Urwumpe about non-spherical gravity and other gravity sources alter continuously the data in OrbitMFD but in some parameters not all of them, unless we prograde or retro or do some orbital maneuvers as well. nevertheless i can assure these changes are continuous and i believe they respond to a Graphics altering physics as GLS quotes issues or something in the texture paging file, i have the last update of orbiter. Even more, if i switch from Internal view to external, one and another time repeatedly , the values in Ped and Apd continue to decrease or increase sometimes randomly.- For example if you do this 10 times, with a 10 second interval ,and I’m in circular obrit 200km altitude, im apogee, i do this and i will have ended in Perigee at 70 or 8okm, and of course at that altitude i re-entry atmosphere, it is very frustrating because i tend to look outside the vessel and like to make precise re-entry’s and with this issue i limit the sim only to internal view.(wich is more realistic, but is cool to have external view as well.

I have a somehow steady Cpu with lots of Ram and HDD and my graphics are Nvidia geforce fx5200, i know its not that good but this never have happened me before with the same hardware.)
I will keep searching for possible issues and publish results as soon as I have some results that worth publishing.

In advance again thank you all Orbiter fans.
Good year to you all.

Keatah

Reaction score
Are you using any planet add-on packages ?

Last edited:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have experienced this problem myself... I was able to change the orbit by over 200km causing my probe I sent to crash into the surface of mars simply by switching back and forth from 1st person to 3rd person... This was when I was using Velcro Rockets on a trip to the moon.

Fred45

Reaction score
moved post to General Questions

Last edited: