Flight Question Does autoFCS work yet?

Nigge

Reaction score
Hi!
A while ago I noticed that auto FCS didnt work with the current version of orbiter, i wonder if this is fixed now?

And also...Has any shuttle tutorials been posted that instructs how to perform a manual approach and landing?:p

Thanks
/Niklas

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

As you read, currently autoFCS does not work in O2010. David and the creator are fixing it up right now to make it compatible with the O2010. ;)

I think there are a couple tutorials on landing the shutte on the Hangar.

:cheers:

SE

Nigge

Reaction score
Ah I see, there was a couple of months ago I´ve been looking at AutoFCS so I hoped that the problem was fixed by now, but I guess this is an oppurtunity to train my manual landings instead. If you have time and got the energy, can you give me a tip about "the best" tutorial in orbiter hangar... In the meantime Ill go and check myself and see if anyone of them makes any sense:)

Many thanks for the help, time to put on the space suit once again!:p

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah I see, there was a couple of months ago I´ve been looking at AutoFCS so I hoped that the problem was fixed by now, but I guess this is an oppurtunity to train my manual landings instead. If you have time and got the energy, can you give me a tip about "the best" tutorial in orbiter hangar... In the meantime Ill go and check myself and see if anyone of them makes any sense:)

I will look for one later and PM you the link. :)

Many thanks for the help

No problem :cheers:

SE

Nigge

Reaction score
Oh thanks a million! You´the man:thumbup:

mateusiak22

Reaction score
When will be released AutoFCS Orbiter 2010 P1 or P2
Is there a beta version? If so, please link to the PM

Please reply:thumbup:

mshields

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
AutoFCS now works

I have gotten the AutoFCS to work with the 100829 build of Orbiter 2010.

It seems that the 100829 patch changed the master configuration file (Orbiter.cfg) parser to write only non-default cfg values. As a result the default parameters normally part of the Orbiter.cfg file are no longer written. Some applications such as AutoFCS require some of these parameters to be enumerated such as the default subdirectory locations. The solution is to force the parser to write out all default and non-default values by making the following change to Orbiter.cfg.

Edit "EchoAllParams = FALSE" to read "EchoAllParams = TRUE".

Also, try the Soyuz Guidance MFD (soyuz_guidance-mfd_v1.02.zip) in place of the now non-functioning STS Guidance MFD.

-Mark

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The moment when you see that it was SOOOOOO easy and you dindn't noticed that!

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The moment when you see that it was SOOOOOO easy and you dindn't noticed that!

No kidding. I remember going through to see, was it an issue with reading the base files? did they need to be in a certain location? couldn't figure it out. And then all it ends up being is a single line change in the Orbiter.cfg. And not just anyline, but one of the first lines in the file!

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
What do you mean it don't work? Seems to work on my end too. And this is running on the latest version of Orbiter. I didn't even have to do anything special but the regular install.

alagreca

Reaction score
Website
home.myspace.com
Works on my system too, on both 100830 and 111105, and with both Orbiter and Orbiter NG, Value must be changed in OrbiterNG.cfg as well , If you use it, Works fine on my system with D3D Clients 41 & 44, Tested with the Final Pass Scenarios for STS-1 & STS-107, Cheers,

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I found that it only looks in one place for bases, and that is what are listed in the default Earth.cfg, so if you are using an alternate Earth or solar system, you may have problems.

Also, it only looks at the list, which then means the base file needs to be in the config folder, not the Earth/base folder. It does not seem to care to take the next step and look in that folder then do further parsing. So for example, to get Asencsion Island to show up, put a copy of that base (or move it altogether) to the Config folder, then make sure to add it to the list of surfbases in Earth.cfg, including its location. And you are good to go. Just did a full Shuttle Fleet 4.8 autoland from 400km orbit to Wideawake Intl. Granted, I picked the wrong Rwy 12 and it landed on 12L (the small one) and not 12C (the big one). It is hard to determine which is which, since it just lists a bunch of Rwy 12s and Rwy 30s.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Like this ?

Code:
; === Surface Bases ===
; place additional bases or
; base directories in this list
BEGIN_SURFBASE
Cape Canaveral -80.675 +28.5208
END_SURFBASE

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Tried it, but flew right past at mach23.:facepalm:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In the list in Earth.cfg you need to have he exact file name of the base. For the default Canaveral, this would be

Code:
BEGIN_SURFBASE
DIR Earth\Base
Canaveral: -80.675000 +28.520800
END_SURFBASE

Also make sure that Canaveral.cfg is moved to the Config folder.