General Question Docking between vessels

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think a good reading of the docs is needed here :)

Docking is one of the key topics of orbiter... you can liftoff with a DG from cape canaveral and try to dock with the iss, you can try to do it with the space shuttle (much more difficult)... go through the manuals and search the forum, you'll find tutorials, video tutorials, and everything you may think of

SpaceCowboyJoe

Reaction score
I think a good reading of the docs is needed here :)

Docking is one of the key topics of orbiter... you can liftoff with a DG from cape canaveral and try to dock with the iss, you can try to do it with the space shuttle (much more difficult)... go through the manuals and search the forum, you'll find tutorials, video tutorials, and everything you may think of

I'm really sorry. I think I rushed in my question. I did that several times. What I meant was docking a vessel to another. Like a DeltaGlider with a ShuttleA, to make a simple example.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm really sorry. I think I rushed in my question. I did that several times. What I meant was docking a vessel to another. Like a DeltaGlider with a ShuttleA, to make a simple example.
That is fully possible as orbiter doesn't care about docking interfaces.

downloaderfan

Reaction score

Yes, you can, there is already an inbuilt Delta glider scenario in the Delta glider folder named Smack! which has 2 delta gliders setup such that they are about to dock. Alternatively, you can also use the scenario editor to dock to a vessel.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... which allows you to build orbital stations and now even surface outposts module by module. This is where the fun really begins ;)

Reese

Reaction score
... which allows you to build orbital stations and now even surface outposts module by module. This is where the fun really begins ;)

This sounds pretty awesome. Didnt know this was possible.. google here i come.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And when UMmu gets updated you can transfer from docked ground vessels into the modules:)