General Question deep space exploration

danince

Reaction score
I am trying to find a good ship to explore the outer planets wish. Ideally I would like to leave earth on one or more DGIVs, rendezvous with the ship in orbit and then continue on to the outer planets using the DGIV as a lander/shuttle.

The ship should be UMMU compatible and be somewhat near future realistic.

The "Exploreur" was close, but it had not real docking port and the "Descartes" kept crashing my system even after a clean install. The closest thing I have found so far is he "Hius", but that ship gave me problems transferring crew back and forth from the DGIV.

I really would like to make this journey on a good ship. Any advice would be strongly appreciated.

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
Though I've never tried it, Deepstar exists. I'm pretty sure there's also an addon to make it uMMA compatible.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Most of us are drooling with anticipation for the Arrow. But in the meantime, the Vespucci is pretty sweet, it docks 4 DeltaGliders, plus there is an animated rotating section. You must read the documentation because there is a startup sequence to be followed (not too tough). It's worth a look.

speedycat

Reaction score
u can also use the Perseus.
its an ship that can carry two DGIV's it can also land itself though is not very fast

i use it for my momentary Saturn transfer