Challenge Crew exchange at Brighton Beach

Max Pain

Reaction score
Hello,

this is my first challenge and I think it is an easy one for you veteran orbinauts. However, it was quite a tough one for me.

You have your XR2 at Wideawake International waiting for liftoff. Launch, fly to the moon and land at Brighton Beach. There 12 crewmembers are exchanged (you really have nothing to do here, since you land with a full crew and launch with a full crew at Brighton Beach). Then fly back to earth and land at Wideawake International where you started your journey.

Sounds easy? So here is the catch: There is no refuelling whatsoever! (and you have to take the CHM with you)

Bonus points if you can do it without cutting into RCS fuel.

Even more bonus points (and my honest admiration :thumbup:) if you can do it without getting a fuel warning (more than 5% main fuel left). I don't think this is possible.

I'm looking forward to your flight experiences. Good luck!

Georg

Edit: Added xrcfg override

Attachments

• WIN_BB_challenge.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
WIN-BB round trips are always fun, so I'll be giving this a try.

One note: You did not specify what kind of configuration we should use for the Ravenstar and there are no CONFIG_OVERRIDE_ lines in the scenario. You should do this only if the configuration doesn't matter (but in this case, obviously it does. Flying it with MainFuelISP > 2 would make it a very easy mission).

It would be better if you used one of the two options that you have with the XR series: Either use CONFIG_OVERRIDE_ in the scenario or a custom .xrcfg file named the same as the ship in the scenario. (It helps if the ship has a unique name like XR2_MaxPain_WIN-BB_Challenge).

Last edited:

Max Pain

Reaction score
In terms of the simulation the CHM is just dead weight. You have to take it with you because it makes the challenge challenging. ;)

kedder

Reaction score
I did it! 0.9% (126.9 kg) of total fuel left though. Was fun! :)

win_bb_challenge_kedder.jpg