Could I launch the space shuttle using the real manual from NASA or is there a specific manual to launch the shuttle on orbiter.

Aadi

Reaction score
Could I launch the space shuttle using the real manual from NASA or is there a specific manual to launch the shuttle on orbiter.
IF there is a real manual from orbiter please level the link here, because I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to liftoff

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you give more info. Like Orbiter 2010 or 2016? Which shuttle SSU. Sf, STS 2016,default shuttle,....

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just fire the thruster:
2.2 Launch The default Atlantis does not implement an autopilot or launch computer, so you need to adjust the ascent to orbit manually. (You can download 3rd party addons which provide more realistic launch and flight operation modes). Here is a quick checklist you can follow to get Atlantis into orbit:  Fire main engines at 100%.  SRBs are ignited automatically when main engines reach 95%. SRBs are not controlled manually. Once ignited, they cannot be shut off.  During launch, attitude is controlled via SRB thrust vectoring. Roll shuttle for required heading, and decrease pitch during ascent for required orbit insertion.  SRBs separate automatically at T+2:06min. In an emergency, SRBs can be jettisoned manually with .  Ascent continues with Orbiter main engines. Throttle down as required for 3g max acceleration.  Tank separates at T+8:58min (alt 110km) when empty, or manually with .  After tank separation, orbiter switches to OMS (orbital maneuvering system) using internal tanks, for final orbit insertion. Attitude thrusters (RCS – reaction control system) are activated.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
@gattispilot the manual you have cited is not updated for Orbiter 2016. While you can still launch your Shuttle manualy using the above manual in 2016, you can also use the AscentAP feature (an Orbiter 2016 implementation of "an autopilot or launch computer") to launch your Shuttle automatically. Open the Tutorial>Space Shuttle to ISS scenario for instructions.

Edit: AscentAP is an advantageous option if you want to send your Shuttle to a correct orbit. I have used AscentAP to recreate the orbit of several historical STS missions.

Last edited: