Request Claws for Columbia

Graham2001

Reaction score
I found a techno-thriller called The Hunting of Salyut 7 (Cover attached). It seems to have been intended for release around the time of the Space Shuttles planned first flight in 1979. It finally came out in 1981.

The shuttle featured in it is a thinly disguised Columbia (aka 'Orbiter 102'). The author chose to outfit his version of Columbia with an RMS system ending in a grasping claw as shown on the attached cover.

This might make for a Columbia-specific addon for the Shuttle Fleet or perphaps an alternate Universal RMS.

Graham

Attachments

• HFS7.jpg
    HFS7.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 96

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Never knew that Salyut 7 was the world's most deadly weapons system.

Graham2001

Reaction score
Never knew that Salyut 7 was the world's most deadly weapons system.

At the time this was written (1978 or so) the Russians had been alternating military with civilian Stations. Salyut 6 had been a civilian station, so Salyut 7 was going to be the military one, or at least that's what everyone thought...

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
At the time this was written (1978 or so) the Russians had been alternating military with civilian Stations. Salyut 6 had been a civilian station, so Salyut 7 was going to be the military one, or at least that's what everyone thought...

I can't help but quote this one again:

A TV news report in the USSR:

"... the entire world stays mind-blown by a sudden and inexplicable disappearance of the US Navy 7th Fleet in Pacific Ocean."
"Now, the other news. Cosmonauts Lyakhov and Ryumin continued to perform scientific experiments on board of the Salyut-6 space station..."

:lol:

Graham2001

Reaction score
I can't help but quote this one again:

A TV news report in the USSR:

"... the entire world stays mind-blown by a sudden and inexplicable disappearance of the US Navy 7th Fleet in Pacific Ocean."
"Now, the other news. Cosmonauts Lyakhov and Ryumin continued to perform scientific experiments on board of the Salyut-6 space station..."

Where on Earth did you find that?

Graham2001

Reaction score
Was going through an early 1980's book I had and found the attached amongst the early NASA shuttle artwork contained therein.

Might also be something worth modeling as part of an 'alternate shuttle' pack.

Attachments

• ShuttleArtwork.jpg
    ShuttleArtwork.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 46