Vessel Cassini Remastered

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes I know there are existing addons out there for our beloved Saturn probe, but Since it is on its Grand Finale and eventually the end of 2 decades of great progress with our ringed planet. I had this come to mind, and I was hoping of having a better mesh of the spacecraft with all moving parts of it's instruments that you can deploy out when it stages from the Titan rocket and best of all, have simulated readings of magnetism from Saturn, imaging of it's moons, and signal receiving from the Huygens probe. It will be a great achievement if someone can make this happen. BrianJ is a great candidate since he is an outstanding programmer IMHO. So. Will it happen?

:cheers:

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There are a couple of very good 3d models of Cassini Huygens on Nasa 3d resource website.

The rest that you mentioned has been one of my secret wishes to do for a while... A lot of work to do in the pipeline at the moment, but I could think about it in sometime if no one comes much earlier.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I suggest a collaboration between you and BrainJ. He seems to know the code for the reaction wheels from most of his work.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It sure will be a pleasure to work with brian if there is a chance. I think Cassini uses rcs for attitude anyway.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I'd also like to see a more functional Cassini/Huygens Probe for Orbiter. I have so many projects/updates on my list, Fred will probably get there first (and make a superb job of it, as usual). Happy to contribute where I can though, and will post a "heads up" if I get around to starting it.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like it is beginning that time to start. Expect a PM in the coming hours.