Question Can anyone make a low poly version of the DG mesh for testing collision detection

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
I havent modelled much in 3D software and I am experiencing a steep learning curve :p. So if someone can pull together a low poly model - and I mean really low poly - just 5 to 10 quads then I could start testing the DG with Bullet's collision detection mechanism.

Right now I use a huge flat box and the collision detection isnt quite accurate with that.

The mesh in question is at Meshes/DG/deltaglider.msh

Its just a quick and extremely rough approximation for me to test, so I can be sure that meshes can be used with dynamic rigid bodies in Bullet

Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I think that you are looking for the [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=451"]ClassicDG[/ame]

dg.jpg

Groups: 5
Vertices: 117
Triangles: 132

Will this one do?

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to try it now. The mesh needs to be convex. So there cant be any triangles inside.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Hmm, having trouble getting it into Bullet even after I imported it into 3d max and exported it out in the latest .msh format(assuming its changed over the years at all).

I think I ll need to start out with a simpler hollow mesh. Meanwhile over the last few hours my meshing skills have somewhat improved :p