Question Braking rate MFD

Marcin

Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if there is MFD which shows actual braking rate in only one axis for eg. deltaX in [m/s] and time to reach 0 velocity in axis X in seconds or distance to full stop?
It would be great to have something like this to improve landing performance on bodies without atmosphere.

BR
Marcin

Marijn

Reaction score
Hover MFD does that. Hover MFD assumes a vacuum, therefore you can exceed the 100% RT (Retro Thrust) value slightly on Mars and not overshoot as you can see in this video. For landings on the Moon, the most fuel efficient way to do it is to not exceed 100% RT but to come as close as possible. That way, you'll spend the least amount of time fighting gravity with the hover engines.

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Hi
I wonder if there is MFD which shows actual braking rate in only one axis for eg. deltaX in [m/s] and time to reach 0 velocity in axis X in seconds or distance to full stop?
It would be great to have something like this to improve landing performance on bodies without atmosphere.

BR
Marcin
BurtnTime MFD has a braking distance. I just set dv to the orbital speed, select engine, take a look at the braking distance (It says something distance), activate attitude autopilot, and excecute the burn at the correct distance according to map MFD.