OHM Babylon 5 EA Kneale Class Heavy Transport

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: stevcast

Babylon 5 EA Kneale Class Heavy Transport  

Meshes and Textures compiled by bcelestia at Celestia Motherlode.

Compatible SDKs: spacecraft 3 

stevcast and son 

DOWNLOAD

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Very good!

By the way, are you also planning to create any more Earth Alliance vessels in the future, including those two that I suggested earlier?

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Very good!

By the way, are you also planning to create any more Earth Alliance vessels in the future, including those two that I suggested earlier?

Luke, I am trying to get the meshes to work in anim8or. For some reason, I am getting "out of bounds script errors" on several ships, including a couple that you had requested. I am trying to find a solution, but all the information I can find indicates problems in the mesh itself, which would indicate that a whole new mesh would have to be made. I haven't given up yet, and I am still searching the internet for more 3ds models that I can use, or a solution to the error messages I am getting in anim8or. If you come across anything concerning the error "out of bounds script error", or if you come across a useable 3ds model, let me know.

stevcast :thumbup:

Kendo

Reaction score
Steve, this is what I found re "out of bounds script errors"
1) The script looks at the path and reads the orientation of path at the points where it is going to copy the "copytarget". If you adjust the individual points on the path in different views, you can inadvertently change the orientation of the path in totally unpredictable ways. For treads (and similar things), I used the Build->Primitives->N-gon to make a circle and then stretch it out.

2) Your "target" object's pivot was at the origin of the screen rather than in the center of your object. Your object's orientation is measured from this pivot. The only way to move that is using the Object/Axis button and manually moving it to the center of the object.

3) Your "target" object's origin was also at the screen origin, rather than your point zero.

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Steve, this is what I found re "out of bounds script errors"
1) The script looks at the path and reads the orientation of path at the points where it is going to copy the "copytarget". If you adjust the individual points on the path in different views, you can inadvertently change the orientation of the path in totally unpredictable ways. For treads (and similar things), I used the Build->Primitives->N-gon to make a circle and then stretch it out.

2) Your "target" object's pivot was at the origin of the screen rather than in the center of your object. Your object's orientation is measured from this pivot. The only way to move that is using the Object/Axis button and manually moving it to the center of the object.

3) Your "target" object's origin was also at the screen origin, rather than your point zero.

Now why didn't I know that! :lol: Thanks Kendo!!! I will go back to the drawing board and try to get these meshes working. I searched the internet for days trying to find a solution to this problem, and a "corrupted mesh" was all I could come up with. Just when I get one thing figured out, another group of problems crops up, and I end up scratching my head all over again.
Well, back to the drawing board.

stevcast