General Question Ariel to Miranda Autopilot Reference

jas4500

Reaction score
So after downloading the Prelude III bases I decided that I would attempt a moon to moon transfer. I wanted to get some practice going to, getting captured by, and orbiting low gravity objects. I'm in orbit around Miranda now and I think Miranda's close orbit to Uranus is messing up my autopilot reference forcing me to do things manually (rotating retrograde and prograde for capture burns, going normal + or - for base alignments, etc). I changed the orbit reference, but that had no affect on the autopilot reference. When I was around Ariel the autopilot reference was fine, but Ariel orbits further away from Uranus than Miranda. Is there anyway to manually change the autopilot reference or do I just have to suck it up and do these maneuvers manually?

Last edited:

T1234

Reaction score
I am the addon author and have tried to orbit miranda and land at the base.At mission start you have to spawn a preludeIII at the destination.It is a challenge to land because of the funny low gravity sources and autopilots don't work well exept the hover alt hold.
It would make a good challenge because it uses a lot of fuel corrrecting constantly.

jas4500

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'll just autoland when im near the base. The only problem is aligning with the landing area and keeping the ship at Normal + or - while firing the thrusters because just the slightest stray will mess up the orbit. Anyways I love the addon especially the terrain meshes.

jas4500

Reaction score
I was using the DGIV, but then I switched to the XR2. I was able to land though. I deorbited close to the base and did some low gravity surface flight with the descent hold when I got to about 1.200 km. Because of the low gravity I barely burned up any fuel with the hover thrusters.

Last edited:

T1234

Reaction score
I have posted a challenge scenario.:thumbup: