Apollo 7 CSM DAP V48 V49 and V61 issues

thermocalc

Reaction score
dears,
hope my second message to this forum can get approved as I am eager to get some information...I am using the DAP for Apollo 7.
I don't understand the meaning/functions of Verb 61.
V61E says to display on the FDAI the DAP attitude error on the yellow needles...what does it means?
I saw that if I am in a given attitude and hit V60, that attitude get memorized in N17; if I set a new attitude with V49 it gets memorized in N22. If i go now to another attitude and call up V62 the error needles give the difference between present attitute N20 and N22; V63 the difference N20-N17, but V61 what error difference is displaying ??? cannot figured out. PLEASE some of you can help me out? thank you very very much for any help/reply. Paolo

meik84

Reaction score
V61 shows the DAP error, i.e. the way the DAP wants to steer, not the difference between N22 and N20. Run a V49 with a V61 before and you'll see.

thermocalc

Reaction score
thank you Mike, I think I figured it out by now thanks to your inputs.
cheers, Paolo

thermocalc

Reaction score
Hi Mike,
I tried the AOH procedure but nothing happened to me, i am sure I am making something wrong here and I didn't fully understood what I am supposed to do, so if you have time I would be glad to get some help from you as you did it.
Q1) when it says "use R02 to disable 2 adjacent RCS quads" -> I run V48 and I loaded into R2 the string 11010 (I use only quads A/C, so I disabled B/C ... I think?)
Q2) when it says "perform V49" to "load gimbal angles for init of orbrate" I only entered the RPY angles in N22 (V16 N22) "as they are indicated on the FDAI1 set in ORB RATE EARTH) - I didn't completed the automnvr as otherwise the vessel get pointed in another direction as he will interprets those angles as INERTIAL --- (I was checking with OrbiterSurface MFD and more or less I was "wing level head downs", so I had about R=180, P=Y=0 as I set up the FDAI to have ORDEAL reference (FDAI1 shows same as orbiter surface attitude indicator) -- of course I cannot keep all angles perfectly centered, even i hit KILL ROT on projectApollo MFD some small drift is always there) --- as the only angle which was drifting was the PITCH I entered in N22 a value as R=180, P=005, Y=000 .... i saw that it took many minutes to go from 0 to 5 degree in PITCH so i had time to enter all data in the AGC and hit ENTER to start the mnvr.
Q3) I wanted to set orbital pitch rate of -0.075 degrees/s heads down, so I look at the table at page 4-293 for the values to enter for CDUX = 180°, I suppose CDUX is X spacecraft axis around which ROLL is measure by the IMU (X=roll axis=CDUX, Y=yaw axis=CDUY, Z=pitch axis=CDUZ, am I correct here with the axis-angles relationship?)
VVVVV=00002
WWWWW=13100
XXXXX=77775
YYYYY=51300
ZZZZZ=52117
Q4) then I entered everything as described at page 4-291 and when I hit the last E at 7000E nothing happened even after waiting for the pitch to have been moved well beyond the 5° that i entered into the N22....but I saw on the FDAI1 that by the time I hit the last "E" on the AGC due to some drift ... the R and Y where not really at 180 and 0 anymore....they were off target some degrees....

don't know what I am doing wrong....

any help/suggestions?
thank you.
Paolo

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

sorry Mike,
I made a mistake, this post was supposed to be under the ORDEAL treat...now I put also there. Please forgive me.
thanks, Paolo