Project Apollo 17 Soundpack

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
:tiphat:I'm currently in the process of creating a soundpack for Apollo 17 on AMSO. I know a landing soundpack was made but I wanted to do the whole thing. So far I've completed the landing from pitchover to landing. I've been sort of delayed due to the fact that the audio files are large and Hughesnet has this nasty download cap.:facepalm: I'm also in the process of updating my Apollo 14 soundpack. I'm excited to be a part of this growing community and I hope I haven't ruined anyone's plans of making an Apollo 17 soundpack.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I appreciate your effort in making thes soundpacks. To me, they add so much to the AMSO experience, and trust me, your hard work is very much appreciated.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And even generally, for this type of missions who you have to travel during 8 days, sounds are welcome, otherwise it is a little bit annoying ...

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Thank you all. I do sometimes get sick of the defalt audio, it's more exciting to hear the reactions of the different crews. Sometimes you can hear some noises in the backround such as switches being flipped or the ripple fire of the docking latches.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Alright, I'm torn right now. Should I release the soundpack in several parts and then later combine them into one big release (as with Mode1Bravo's Apollo 13 Soundpack) or should I wait until everything is finished before making a release?

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I'm getting back into the swing of things. I forgot how fun it is to sift through the audio. I blame that 5 month hiatus on my discovering the very addicting Mega Man games, curse you CAPCOM!!!

mode1bravo

El Hombre Nuclear
Reaction score
Nice to see you're making 17. I'm looking forward to it. It is fun working through the audio and learning a lot more about the flights from the transcripts in the process.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Nice to see you're making 17. I'm looking forward to it. It is fun working through the audio and learning a lot more about the flights from the transcripts in the process.

Thanks mode1bravo! I thoroughly enjoyed your Apollo 13 Soundpack. It's hard to fly Apollo 17 and have it stay in sync with the historical times. Only through hours of trial and error have I gotten the mission down to a t. I can make most of the major burns happen at the correct time. I might include a tutorial containing a full step by step procedure.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
This is just what I've been looking for! Fantastic.

Any updates?

I've just recently finished the landing sequence from PDI ignition to touchdown. Next on my to-do list is to download more audio so I can continue work.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Thanks for the links, I already use the timeline extensively. I have the complete transcription of the air to ground communications which I use to pinpoint audio and the proper ground elapsed timestamp for each sound byte.

FordPrefect

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Great! Keep going! BTW, is there a source on the net with all the complete mission audio (loops)?

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Great! Keep going! BTW, is there a source on the net with all the complete mission audio (loops)?

I download all the audio here: http://archive.org/details/Apollo17

The Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas has been taking all their old reel to reel audio tapes and scanning them digitally and uploading them to the Internet Archive.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
LM SEP and TEI have been done for a few days now. It seems like the last few Apollo 17 sound files on the Internet Archive are corrupt/messed-up. I'll try to get the audio for the final midcourse correction and reentry finished. Before the final release I'll go back and fill in any blanks and of course a step by step tutorial for Apollo 17.