Idea Apollo 13 sound pack

Rex

Reaction score
Rex here with an idea
I think it would be cool to have the launch sequense sounds from the movie "Apollo 13", espically if you could use it with other Apollo launches in AMSO and NASSP. specifacilly the coms of the crew and capcom, and the music
also i took the time to find the times in the movie for the sound pack
start
play time 31:50
stop - communication
play time 36:30
stop music
play time 36:57

just an idea

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It's not a bad idea in principle, but I think that the soundtrack (which contains most of the audio clips you'd probably want) and the actual audio in the film is covered by copyright, so distributing it would be difficult to say the least.

Rex

Reaction score
i think that those that have copyrights on it would only have a problem with it if you had to pay for it

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ah, but copyright is a finiky thing you don't wanna get on the wrong side of.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea in principle, but I think that the soundtrack (which contains most of the audio clips you'd probably want) and the actual audio in the film is covered by copyright, so distributing it would be difficult to say the least.
Ahh but this isn't Youtube where copyright holders wait to pounce on people using their content. :thumbup:

Darren

Tommy

Reaction score
It would still be copyrighted material, so it couldn't be posted on Orbit Hanger or any other legit host.

On the other hand, if you look around on the net, recordings of the actual radio transmissions are available, and most are in the public domain. These would be free and legal to use.

Syncing with AMSO or NASSP would be tricky, OrbitSound will play chatter randomly, or it will play individual .atc sounds at specific simtimes. The .atc would only stay "synced" if you followed the historic mission timeline within a few seconds.