Apollo 13 SEP ATT

Reaction score
Sorry I have so many questions regarding NASSP, but I want to make sure that I do it right.

So I've completed TLI on the Apollo 13 Mission and it says for me to load SEP ATT, which I know is separation attitude for the S-IVB but I don't know how to calculate it and can't find it in the MFD. I've looked at the mission transcript but can't find anything. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry I have so many questions regarding NASSP, but I want to make sure that I do it right.

So I've completed TLI on the Apollo 13 Mission and it says for me to load SEP ATT, which I know is separation attitude for the S-IVB but I don't know how to calculate it and can't find it in the MFD. I've looked at the mission transcript but can't find anything. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Ah yeah, a bit tricky to find in the RTCC MFD. The sep attitude is on the TLI PAD, which the astronauts got before TLI. And I think you can't calculate the TLI PAD in the MFD after TLI, that leads to the MFD crashing Orbiter. Not sure if I ever fixed that. You would find it under: "Pre-Advisory Data"/"Maneuver PAD" and then press the button OPT twice to cycle the display to the TLI PAD (a kind of Maneuver PAD). Then press CLC to calculate it.

But as you have already done TLI you could simply take the historical numbers from the transcript. Those usually work very well. This is the format:

tli.jpg

And here the quote from the transcript:

001:39:55 Kerwin: TLI: 2:26:05, 179, 108, 000, 5:47, 10416.9, 35587, 358, 139, 320, 302, 319, 040. Ejection time, 4 plus 01 plus 00. Over. [Pause.]

So the two attitudes you need for the post-TLI procedures are:
Separation attitude: 358°, 139°, 320°
Extraction attitude: 302°, 319°, 40°