Apollo 11 Landing Site: Planned vs. Actual

Wedge313

Reaction score
Hello, I'm running the Apollo 11 flight again. I downloaded ggalfi's landing site textures hoping to see West crater etc, but the simulation is putting me down well short of the area incorporating his textures. I'm guessing this was the originally planned landing site? I know that Eagle ended up about 3 miles downrange from the planned spot.

I've seen a few posts here on the forum from ggalfi and others about how they changed the scenario code to target the historically correct landing site. Has anyone saved a scenario with all the "corrections" applied? Or would I have to try to alter the code myself? Is there an easy way to fudge this?

Thanks

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You can change the landing site padload in the scenario or you can uplink a new RLS using RTCC with the actual landing site. Either should let the LM land in the actual site versus the planned site.

vittguy

Reaction score
Here's a scenario I have that is targeted for the actual landing site but it starts just before P64. If you don't touch anything it'll land within a few hundred feet of the actual site or you can redesignate to land right on top of it.

Attachments

• Apollo 11 Actual Landing Site P64.scn
    295.8 KB · Views: 93

Wedge313

Reaction score
Thanks for the .scn. But I tried uplinking the corrected RLS just before starting P63 (per rcflyinghokie's suggestion) and that worked great, at pitchover I was looking right at West crater.