OHM Apollo 11 40th Anniversary EASEP Mod

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
This is a modified release of surface gear that started in 2002 with my APOLLO 11 Early Apollo Scientific Experiments Package (EASEP) & SURFACE GEAR mod and my Apollo 16 surface gear mod that Rodion used early on with his enhancement packs for old versions of orbiter. That mod was a concept that was picked up by ACSOFT and has evolved into the surface gear featured in AMSO. This has come full circle in that I have used my original source material to update whats included with AMSO. This mod specifically moves key meshes (such as flag, etc...) around and adds some new ones (correct westinghouse TV mesh, etc...) to replicate the hardware used at Tranquility Base in 1969 to honor the 40th anniversary. The hardware is extracted from the AMSO LM just as before, but is in the order that it was used on Apollo 11 to aid in simulating that EVA. This package emulates the surface equipment left behind by the Apollo 11 crew at Tranquility base. It includes the following pieces of equipment in the following order: Westinghouse Apollo Lunar Surface TV Camera - Deployed by Neil after working at MESA, after Buzz’s descent and familiarization, and after plaque reading. (my original) Solar Wind Collector – Deployed by Buzz after Neil was done with the TV. (Just the AMSO mesh, name changed, to move order of Deploy) Old Glory – Deployed by Neil and Buzz together just before President’s call. (AMSO flag, moved in name to change order) Gold Close Up Surface Camera – Carried by Neil during Aldrin’s EASEP deploy and his Little West Crater Traverse. (my original) LRRR – Lunar Ranging Retro Reflector as part of EASEP by Aldrin (my original). PSEP – Passive Seismic Experiment as early seismometer deployed by Aldrin (my original).

More...

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Very very nice and good timing, maybe for the Apollo 12 you could have the camera and a hammer ;) one question before i go and try it. The same procedure to get these out of the LM as you do with the defualt AMSO stuff?

Matte

Reaction score
thanks for this nice mod.
just one thing. in my installation, Apollo 11 American flag lost it's pattern...
is it normal?

missleman01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To Ryan: yes just walk up to the AMSO LM and hit J to extract the equipment.

To Matte: ill take a look at textures and upload a fix before tomorrows scheduled lunar EVA ;)

To Rodion: thanks for the wave :) I miss working on this stuff. Its been a couple years because of school, but I sure do love it. Maybe I can do a little more in the near future. Ive been orbiting this whole time, but i havent done much in the forum of on the development side. I too have fond memories of working with early AMSO and NASSP releases, helping with your expansion packs. Those were good times.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Fixed textures.

If you download again it the flag should be fixed.

If you want, just go to a previous install and copy the textures from the AMSO folder into the main folder. That fixes it also.

Simply file location...let me know if it needs any more help.

John

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Does any one know if this will work with 2010 ? and does mess up the other missions ?

Make a separate installation of Orbiter; try it and let us know. Assuming no one else knows, first hand.