Question Anyone know of a good Windows tutorial?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Currently, my mother has a computer, but is not really skilled at the most simplest of tasks (e.g creating a shortcut, sending an attachment...:mellow:)

So does anyone know of a good (possibly free) software? I saw video professor on tv, but a lot of reviews said it was a scam. So is there any other software that will teach the basic windows procedures?

I think it would make a good Christmas present.

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, you might sign her up for some adult beginners computer classes at a local school if they offer anything like that near you. As for free software, I can't really say.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
you might sign her up for some adult beginners computer classes at a local school if they offer anything like that near you.

No, my town is too small,

what about [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tutor-Learn-Windows-Vista-Office/dp/B000MFQZOI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1227765064&sr=8-2"]this software?[/ame]
or this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tutor-Learn-Office-Windows-Deluxe/dp/B0002SQ48W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1227765290&sr=1-1"]more current version[/ame]?

Anyone have any experience with it?

The more current version doesn't have any reviews yet, I cannt tell if its any good.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Herm... my grandmother has used books like that (not those specific ones). She said that she had problems with them, such as the books assuming that you already know what the toolbar is, and so on.

If you do buy her something like that, remember to tell her that if she ever has troubles with it to ask you for assistance. That's why schools have teachers and not just supervisors.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
well these are not books,

its a software that actually 'talks' to you while you control the environment.

windowsxp.jpg

:censored:

This thing doesn't work with Vista, I'll have to use the version that does then.

Looks like it will have to be this version