Request Any SLS and Orion MPCV in development?

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Metric_system.png

On the short ton and other non-metric units: Three countries are not using the metric system. Liberia, Myanmar and the United States of America.
Don't want to distract from the main topic, but this is too good :)

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
There's no problem with people using the furlong, lakh or whatever measurements they like.
MOM_ISRO.jpg

BUT common international metric official measurements should be provided on official documentation. Doesn't hurt to put them into a table at the end of a presentation.
I find this frustrating with some US sourced documents, even recent stuff. Sure, I can convert the values, but it just adds another source of possible errors.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
So, I believe that the correct ton I am looking for is Short Ton, not Lakh anything weird. Thanks all. New developments with the Starlab addon are getting me to think that may be the most reasonable habitat module, because of it's spacious living quarters, consumable area storage, and versatility. It could use the adding of a propellant module with more Delta V for orbit inserts...

Last edited:

jas4500

Reaction score
Nice addon! The only problem I've run into is whenever I separate the SLS Core stage with the Orion MPCV attached orbiter CTDs. When I check the logs there seems to be nothing wrong, no missing meshes or textures. I've disabled things like StateSaver and other things that don't agree with Velcro, but I have had no luck. When I use the CEV Orion instead of the Orion MPCV there are no problems with staging.

EDIT:

I was able to find the problem. The Orion MPCV scenario and the MPCV Moon scenario seems to have something wrong with the fairings (perhaps an invalid name or reference) that was causing the scenario to crash at startup. I tried using the Orion MPCV's default fairings with the FAIRINGS line in the scenario. That seemed to work, but when the ICPS would separate from the core stage it would crash. I then used the fairings from the CEV Orion scenario and everything is working perfectly now.

Last edited:

Zach121k

Reaction score
Wouldn't know if this belongs here, but is there an EFT-1 mod in development?

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
Wouldn't know if this belongs here, but is there an EFT-1 mod in development?

This thread seems like a alright place to ask to me, but to answer your question, there is a Orion-MPCV in development in this thread, but it appears the EFT-1 scenarios are no longer in the two current versions(06 and 07). I haven't toyed with the more recent ones, but I assume you can still use this texture posted here, combined with a bit of scenario editing with your favored Delta 4 addon, and you should be able to put together a EFT-1 mission.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
Yeah, I thought that when I joined orbiter, I thought there was going to be an MPCV/EFT-1 buzz, but anyway, it might be a good thing to look into

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
If you look through this thread here http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=34839&highlight=delta
you will find enough to (sort of) do the EFT-1 flight. You many need to download a few things.

You must remember the EFT-1 was sort of a "one-off". It didn't really "do" anything. That's not quite true, it actually did a lot, but nothing really sexy. Lots of data gathering, but nothing I as an Orbinaut could really sink my teeth into. Launch, orbit, splash. The launch had plenty of value, but it's all technical. The next Orion flight will be more attention getting. Orion, mated to SLS doing a lunar free-return (or has it changed?).

Last edited:

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
The next Orion flight will be more attention getting. Orion, mated to SLS doing a lunar free-return (or has it changed?).

I haven't heard anything like that. It shouldn't have changed. I think they should have an EF-3, to test a Mars Lander with Orion MPCV, sort of like Apollo 9, before the Asteroid Redirect Mission.

Astro SG Wise

Future Orion MPCV Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.aesd.blogspot.com
So, this project seemed to disappear, but I still believe that the SLS is a great pursuit to eventually add to the hangar. I just deleted my Orbiter install, because it was so full that I couldn't run a single SLS scenario. Now, at least right now, I am dedicating some research into bugs that develop from your SLS versions. I hope this helps.

Here are some recent pics that I took:

picture.php

picture.php

I use francisdrake's MPCV LAS for the rocket.

picture.php

You guys should continue the project! I will report any bugs I find.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
? The SLS/Skylab addon is still being actively worked on. The above post has a link to the download.

Loopos

Procrastination Master
Reaction score
hey there! where an i get this addon? i really wanna try it out.

Thanks! -AeronauticalPerson55

Eduar42

Reaction score
Orion to orbiteer 2010

Hi guys, I'm still using the orbiter 2010... the version 160828 it's heavy for my pc :facepalm:..

who alguien tiene la version del orion-mpcv-11 o 10 del addon de Francisdrake? please mp or mail to [email protected]
This addon is one of my favorite..
Thanks