Update Antares Spacecraft 3.0 (for Orbiter 2016) - updated version

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
venus_10.jpg

Hi orbinauts.
Antares manned spacecraft 3.0 is on its final development steps.
New features:

Solar panels sun tracking

Earth tracking antenna (via RCS)

Position lights

Docking lights

new realistic and improved oxygen managment

new and realistic power managment: battery charge based on sun/shadow
and solar panels position

New High Energy Stage managment and independency. (This feature allows user to better perform lunar transfers and BEO missions)

3d buttons and switches

Live launch: thanks to great Fred18's Multistage 2015 module we're now able to seat inside Antares virtual cockpit before and after liftoff

New Mars mission scenario: a Mars orbit outpost based on StarLab space station by K_jameson (Andrew on Orbiter Forum Italia)
(Starlab thread: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=34908&highlight=starlab). The mission includes a small lander (Salviati) capable to land on both phobos and Deimos, and return to StarLab with collected rock samples.

The mars mission is under discussion and development.

If you want to beta test, i'll give you the link..

Michael_Chr

Reaction score
Wonderful to see the excellent Antares Module go on in an Orbiter2016 incarnation. Hope that UMMU/UCGO get up and running to Orb2016 soon so these modules can be enjoyed together. But Really nice work with Antares
Alas...has no time to test d2 other commitments at this time.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your help.

I'll send you a PM with the download link. Dont forget to install the following add-on BEFORE Antares 3.0:

Fred18's great Multistage 2015 for Orbiter 2010-P1 or Multistage 2015 for Orbiter 2016 module
[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6838"]Multistage2015 - for Orbiter 2010P1[/ame]
[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7010"]Multistage2015 - for Orbiter 2016[/ame]

(remember to copy and rename multistage2015.dll to multistage2.dll in module folder)
(remember to copy and rename multistage2015.cfg to multistage2.cfg in config folder, then open it with notepad and rename both multistage2015 to multistage2)

Vinka’s Spacecraft4
http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=202&language=english

WARNING: this module is not fully compatible with Orbiter 2016. The update version of this module will be soon avaiable

Jarvis Heavy Launch Vehicle, version 2.0 or higher, by Orbiter Forum Italia.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4527"]Jarvis Heavy Launch Vehicle 2.75[/ame]

UGCO 3.0 + UMMU 3.0 2014 edition
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?page=download

WARNING: this module is not fully compatible with Orbiter 2016. The update version of this module will be soon avaiable

For certain scenarios:

ASVI base - Capo Passero 2.0 o higher by Orbiter Forum Italia.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5172"]ASVI base - Capo Passero 2.01[/ame]

Neptune-1 Medium Launch Vehicle 2.0 or higher by Orbiter Forum Italia
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4693"]Neptune-1 Medium Launch Vehicle 2.51[/ame]

are also required.

See the updated manual (DOC/ANTARES) for further information.

KNOWN BUGS:

-Antares SR commander remains in spacesuit after loading scenario

-Jarvis engine suond doesn't stop after MECO

-Sometimes virtual cockpit buttons and switches doesn't work until you press F8 a
second time

-Fairing render inside virtual cockpit disappears after second stage separation (when fairing is still attached to launcher) I suppose we can anticipate fairing separation in order to avoid this issue

-Launch site has to be rised up in Orbiter2016. New 3d terrain creates some black spots over it

I'm sure you will find other minor bugs..

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Regarding the engine noise. I looked out the generic cockpit and saw that the hover engines were firing. Hitting the numpad[.] (to reduce hover thrust) killed the noise.

Also, need to modify the scenarios as follows...

snip
Jarvis_S:Multistage\Multistage2
STATUS Landed Earth
POS -80.6312150 28.5419000
HEADING 90.00
AFCMODE 7
etc...

To read:
Jarvis_S:Multistage2
STATUS Landed Earth
HEADING 90.00
AFCMODE 7

Multistage2016 (2015 whatevs) doesn't have it's own folder, the multistage.cfg is in the config folder. So the scenario looks for a folder that isn't there.

Position light (in DXD9) are blue and when they flash the entire craft flashes green. Kind of trippy. With inline graphics they flash green (only the lights, not the entire spacecraft and it works great).

Looks good so far!

romanasul

Reaction score
Regarding the engine noise. I looked out the generic cockpit and saw that the hover engines were firing. Hitting the numpad[.] (to reduce hover thrust) killed the noise.

snip
STATUS Landed Earth
HEADING 90.00
AFCMODE 7
etc...

To read:
STATUS Landed Earth
HEADING 90.00
AFCMODE 7

Multistage2016 (2015 whatevs) doesn't have it's own folder, the multistage.cfg is in the config folder. So the scenario looks for a folder that isn't there.

Position light (in DXD9) are blue and when they flash the entire craft flashes green. Kind of trippy. With inline graphics they flash green (only the lights, not the entire spacecraft and it works great).

Looks good so far!

I just created a Multistage folder and put the multistage2.cfg in there. It's easier than renaming every scenario file.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score

snip
STATUS Landed Earth
HEADING 90.00
AFCMODE 7
etc...

To read:
STATUS Landed Earth
HEADING 90.00
AFCMODE 7

Looks good so far!

Ok, Fred suggested me to change Multistage2 to multistage2015 in all scenario files. This procedure avoids to dowload multistage2 and to copy and paste multistage2015.dll and .cfg.. I'm afraid that something could not work but I have to try it..

D3D9 full compatibility is hard to reach.. something which is compatible with D3D9 could not be with inline graphic client.. my priority goes to standard graphic client for now.. i solved many D3D9 related problem in the past but many are unsolved...

Hover engine is a phantom one which is connected to Jarvis main engine, in order to create the thruster effect on Antares capsule.. it works well but for some reason it doesn't stop at MECO.. I give a look to the code

Interceptor

Reaction score
Fausto,you have a note to download ms2015 for both orbiter 2010,and 2016,does that mean you want Antares 3.0 tested in both versions of orbiter?

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Fausto,you have a note to download ms2015 for both orbiter 2010,and 2016,does that mean you want Antares 3.0 tested in both versions of orbiter?

My priority goes now to Orbiter 2016.. but I hope that it runs wel on O2010 too...

turtle91

Reaction score
The Hud doesn't work for me in D3D9 client and Orbiter 2016
Is the Antares still a VESSEL2() ?
If so, it might help to switch to GDI-compatbilty-mode (video-tab).
However, if doing so...expect a lower frame-rate.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Jarvis flies smoothly with MS2015. I'm having a few problems with Antares, especially when it comes to re-entry. Orbiter freezes right before atmospheric interface with just the capsule. I suspect it's something to do with the re-entry texture that's generated over the heatshield.

romanasul

Reaction score
Is anybody getting the issue where the Antares starts rotating uncontrollably and shoots of into space. Try the ASR-1 on orbit and accelerate 100x times and wait a few seconds. I'm getting the same with Antares LR. In Orbiter 2016 with D3D9.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Is anybody getting the issue where the Antares starts rotating uncontrollably and shoots of into space. Try the ASR-1 on orbit and accelerate 100x times and wait a few seconds. I'm getting the same with Antares LR. In Orbiter 2016 with D3D9.

Yes, I have the same problem with certain scenarios!