OHM Antares Manned Spacecraft 2.51

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes this is a known bug.. we were not able to fix it.. and i confirm that astronauts are separate meshes.. do you have any suggestion about that? :please:
I think it could be solved just by making sure that the windows are loaded into Orbiter after the astronauts.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes this is a known bug.. we were not able to fix it.. and i confirm that astronauts are separate meshes.. do you have any suggestion about that? :please:

I think it could be solved just by making sure that the windows are loaded into Orbiter after the astronauts.

I can see two solutions. The easier one (I'm guessing here) is to add the astronauts as separate groups and hide them when they aren't on board.
It might be possible to make the windows a separate mesh, and load it after the crew meshes. But I have no idea how to do that, or if it's possible.

Wonderer

Reaction score
The translation up and down thrusters on Antares SM short range are mixed up.

Chasm

Reaction score
Is it just me ? I am having problems with the Ummu support on this otherwise great add-on.

Using:

Orbiter 100830
OrbiterSound 3.5
Ummu 2
UCGO 2

It is apparent when the ship is docked to another Ummu capable craft. I have tried this with the XR1, DG-IV-2 and the UCGO/Ummu ISS.

If you have the UCGO/UMMU ISS installed , you can quickly test this out using the supplied scenario in the "Antares 2.0/Antares_SR/ASR-3" folder called "07-ASR-3-Docking complete".

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4457"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4457[/ame]

When docked you are not able to transfer crew members to other ships using just the (opened) docking hatch. You can transfer crew (Shift 1-6) only with the ship de-pressurised and the main (side) hatch open. This doesn't seem correct.

When a transfer to another ship is done in the above manner, that Astronaut's mesh is (correctly) not displayed, but when this crew member is transferred BACK successfully, the mesh is still invisible even when the side hatch is closed and the ship repressurised and the safety cap on the cabin pressure switch is in place. Incidentally, a look at the scenario file has the crew member back in the Antares as expected.

Are the scenario file Ummu entries supposed to be at the top of the ship section? In all other Ummu craft the crew entries appear near the end of the section for that craft.

Also when you attempt to transfer crew from another docked ship (Eg ISS) to Antares the transfer is successful even when the Antares is full, with no-seats available. When this happens the transferred crew member dissappears forever (!) and is not visible even in the scenario file.

If no-one else can confirm these anomalies I will assume that it is just my Orbiter 2010-P1 installation being at fault, even though everything else seems to function OK.

PS: I will try this on a completely clean Orbiter installation later.

Last edited:

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Antares does not support crew members transfer at the moment.. this will be maybe updated in future versions !

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can see two solutions. The easier one (I'm guessing here) is to add the astronauts as separate groups and hide them when they aren't on board.
It might be possible to make the windows a separate mesh, and load it after the crew meshes. But I have no idea how to do that, or if it's possible.
Would it not suffice to just load the Antares CM mesh after the astronauts?

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Two problems: 1. There is some rogue triangle sticking from the command module mesh (at least in the ISS intercept scenario), with panels/antenna deployed.
2. There is some weird mistake in vertical RCS. Attitude MFD sees the vertical translation channel reversed and attempts to get away from the target if the TRA command (null relative all) is issued.

There's also a suspicion of a silent CTD at exit, but since I'm also using spotlight, the culprit is unknown.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Two problems: 1. There is some rogue triangle sticking from the command module mesh (at least in the ISS intercept scenario), with panels/antenna deployed.
2. There is some weird mistake in vertical RCS. Attitude MFD sees the vertical translation channel reversed and attempts to get away from the target if the TRA command (null relative all) is issued.

There's also a suspicion of a silent CTD at exit, but since I'm also using spotlight, the culprit is unknown.

Yes, we know all of that.. as i said some posts ago, we will fix these bugs in a future version!

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If these problems are known, would be great if the docs included the list of such issues. Please forgive me, but the user has the right to know what is not supposed to be working.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
All these observations are very useful. I remind that Antares 2.0 is the FIRST dll-based spacecraft of Orbiter Forum Italia and has required a long and hard work. Anyway, an improved version will be released soon (hopefully).

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You guys do good work!
I've been a fan since the Poderosa, and am waiting with baited breath on Gaia Station and the spaceplane (I wish I understood more Italian as I've been lurking on the Italian Forum).

Grazie!

Mantis

Reaction score
All these observations are very useful. I remind that Antares 2.0 is the FIRST dll-based spacecraft of Orbiter Forum Italia and has required a long and hard work. Anyway, an improved version will be released soon (hopefully).

You've done a phenominal job! I am a huge fan of this addon as well as many others coming out of the Italian Orbiter community.:tiphat:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Doing a RV reentry scenario, got an exception thrown by the vessel at 65 km in internal view. Own experience shows that throwing is good only when oapiWriteLog is called before throw, since no information is gained otherwise. The log shows repeatedly that contrail1.dds was not found, dunno if it's relevant.

---------- Post added 03-06-11 at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-05-11 at 02:01 PM ----------

Another pair of problems: I launched ALR-3 scenario to the Moon, for some unknown reason LunarTransfer MFD refuses to calculate a solution (could be my settings, though), and what's more important, during LOI (a very low one, less than 24 km off the lunar surface) the Antares LR RCS system is switched off.

Possible cause: Antares is checking for the re-entry condition by altitude only but does not differentiate the Earth from other bodies. I'd rate this one critical, because without RCS we're doomed...

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Oh, and absence of MFD button titles is a huge hit at usability (switching between menu description and main MFD screen is wasting time, otherwise it's all error-prone). This is a great project nonetheless.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
The altitude problem is a good observation! we will fix it in the patch we're working on! thank you!
We will find some solution the future for the other problems you refer to! :thumbup:

Nistenf

Reaction score
A couple of questions:
Does the Jarvis with the Rescue Vehicle has enough delta-v to reach the station?

Also, is there a way to disable oxigen comsuption? I'm use an antares as a life-boat of my little space station, but even when there's no one on board the oxigen depletes and the vessels "dies"

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Does the Jarvis with the Rescue Vehicle has enough delta-v to reach the station?

My :crystalball: says you are using the default ISS, but my :crystalball: might be wrong. Are you using the default ISS?

Nistenf

Reaction score
Actually the doubt arose when yesterday I did a quick test (10x, didn't have much time), and when I was finally in Orbit I was 10º rel inc from the ISS and with very little fuel in the tug. But yes, default ISS, why?

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
A couple of questions:

Also, is there a way to disable oxigen comsuption? I'm use an antares as a life-boat of my little space station, but even when there's no one on board the oxigen depletes and the vessels "dies"

The real ISS is 51.6 degrees inclination.. if it's like yours i can suppose you have a low FPS, causing a rough roll maneuvre at the very beginning of the launch phase! Relative inclination must be < 0.50 degrees!