AMSO AMSO mesh scrambling

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello again, it's been a while since I've had such a poser.

Whenever I spawn vessels in AMSO using the scenario editor, or by editing an SCN file, they turn up as blocks of scrambled polygons:
101023135821as504.jpg

101023145407sivb.jpg

While I'm aware that this is a security feature to prevent theft of ACSoft's meshes, it's a major nuisance and showstopper when creating scenarios.

The bug does not affect any vessels created by an AMSO module during simulations (for instance, pressing J with a CSM docked to anything will extract a functional, nonscrambled LEM.)

I recall being able to spawn AMSO vessel with the scenario editor in previous versions. Is this no longer allowed, or have I uncovered a genuine bug?

Columbia42

Reaction score
I've also experienced this same problem with AMSO meshes. It also happens when I open the meshes with Mesh Wizard or when I code vessels using AMSO meshes.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've also experienced this same problem with AMSO meshes. It also happens when I open the meshes with Mesh Wizard or when I code vessels using AMSO meshes.
Well, that's supposed to happen, as part of the aforementioned security feature. :tiphat:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As I said, I'm aware that it is a security feature. I'm sorry Mr. Teixeira's work was stolen; shame on whoever did that. :thumbsdown:

However, I don't think this encryption should extend to what I'm experiencing, I'm not trying to steal anyone's work, or use the scenario I'm making in any addon. I'm just trying to make a scenario with Apollo 9, its LEM, S-IVB, a Soyuz and a Fregat (long story :shifty:)

fort

Reaction score
I'm not trying to steal anyone's work, or use the scenario I'm making in any addon.

This was not in my thought when I have writes this message.

And I had read that you were already aware of this security meshes of AMSO. This link was only there to reconfirm it for the interest of each and to indicate, however, that land, implemented as vessels, are reusable in other scenarios (what AcSoft explained on the French forum)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This was not in my thought when I have writes this message.

And I had read that you were already aware of this security meshes of AMSO. This link was only there to reconfirm it for the interest of each and to indicate, however, that land, implemented as vessels, are reusable in other scenarios (what AcSoft explained on the French forum)
Sorry. I probably should have actually read that thread before responding here. :facepalm:

So bases can be used outside of AMSO, but it seems that vessels still can't. :(