Project Altair Space Capsule

Altair Aerospace

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
these days I restarted to work on my ambitious project: a reusable capsule capable of reaching Mars and return to Earth.My new capsule called Altair is write whit dll libraries and she support Ummo.She
was born with my previous add-ons (Phoenix) and is designed to travel both short and long term, obviously with different configurations at launch.In the Screenshot there is a long range (named) version,You can immediately notice the presence of 4 engines will be used in the final phase of landing,infact the capsule will not fit it with a spalshdown but will land in a hangar :hailprobe:

altair10.jpg

http://youtu.be/1JunzEB4Fwg

a small trailer of the add-on!!

K_Jameson

Reaction score
The SM seems the same of the old Poderosa II capsule... but with two engines instead of five. :hmm:

Oh and, for me, the retrorockets on the balloon-shaped CM are oriented in the wrong sense! Or i did not understand the functioning of this spacecraft.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Looks good, can't wait to see it!

Altair Aerospace

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
yes the service module takes the "look" from Poderosa :embarrassed: .The CM has retrorockets on the contrary to protect them during re-entry,after the critical part of atmospheric re-entry, rotate and position themselves for the counterthrust